1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you have been asking for examples of the Yukon Coat, ceramic coating.
Here you go!! This one is a black and gray combo.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Looks very sharp Bob.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Lookin' good,Bob. Do you offer that on any gun (custom work)?

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I'm a stainless guy myself, but "dark" guns are growing on me. They look great.

How's the wear factor and the (term Wilson's uses for their Armor-Tuff) "Lubricity"? Tracy

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice, Bob!!! Just send that Longslide on out and I will give it a good test ride for you!!!!!:notworthy::dancingbananna:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bob, the black & tan example is making me anxious to see my bobtailed commander.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Donkey77 and Chuck..........

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys, we've been busy.

Yukon coat for a frame and slide is around $250.

As far as how it compares to Armor Tuff I'm not sure. Maybe Bob could answer that one. I think the holster wear should be as good as Ion bond.

Thanks for the questions and maybe next time I'll get to them quicker.:redface:

Dale.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi guys,
We are deep in working many projects for a lot of you so sorry we are late on these answers for you.
1) Our Yukon coating is a ceramic base coating there are several out there, but after testing many of them, this is the one we like the best. It holds up about 80%-85% as good as the DLC coating we offer. My favorite coating is the DLC, It is great stuff, but as Henry Ford used to say “You can have any color as long as it is blackâ€, The DLC only comes in a Deep blue/black satin. If you want color you need to go to the Yukon coat.
2) We can do these coating on other brands of 1911’s. One thing we don’t advertise about is our services. We do offer all types of 1911 services; we are working on a service list for our Website. It should be up soon.
3) Colors Available at this time: Matte Black, Satin Black, Grey, Tan, OD green… We were thinking of adding some lavender and pink for the rainbow crowd… :biggrin:Maybe next year if we have time… Don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.
Thanks,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.