1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If I bought that it would definitely be my last. The old lady would certainly kill me when she found out we would be living on the street.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ok but not worth the $$ for my taste

·
Registered
6 Posts
well its not an ed brown but i got a ss springer champion and then sent it to springer to get a bob job and front strap checkered. them boys do mighty fine work and very resonable.so i got a poor mans ed brown

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Almost $4000! :nuts:

That would be the last anything that I ever bought,'cause I'd be dead when my wife saw the bill!

And to be honest,there's other packages I'd pick before this one. It's nice but I'd change a few things.

G

·
If I spent that kind of money, the first and last bullet the gun ever fired would be into my forehead when my girlfirend saw the bill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am quite certain that is a fine weapon...but, I could and would purchase 4 Sigs for that kind of money...no offense intended on the 1911 format.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For that kind of money I'd go to a true custom shop operation - Nighthawks are nice, but they're not up on the levels of Ted Yost, John Harrison, etc.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I agree with going full custom for that price .. I want it my way not anyone elses

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is something I don't understand about Nighthawks......it is basicly a semi-custom production handgun, and priced WAY too high. A full blown custom would cost less and be more worth the price in my opinion.

I wonder sometimes if buyers think they are getting something really special when they pay that much money. Hell I cringe at the thought of $4000 for a Yost but would pay it before I would even consider a Nighthawk.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
You Did see Larry Vickers will not longer let them market a pistol with his name on it just for this reason that its to hihg priced and he didnt work on it

G

·
Yeah, I saw that. Damn, it was such a nice gun, too. I won't be able to get one now, and despite the price I really wanted one. If only the price would've stayed at $2,800 instead of $3,300. I should've gottten it when it first came out, but after the price increase I hesitated and now I've lost my chance. I don't have the cash, and will NEVER be able to make it by March 8th.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
They are in a Big competition with Wilson I feel. They almost are made exactly the same now. Yet even most of Wilson can be had for about 2000. I have shot a few of them and seen no reason for the price to be so high.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will make a long story short ....I had the first Heinie Tactical Carry it's long gone from my collection, Get the Dominator $1000 less and a BETTER gun hands down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts