Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing up my Fuscolt build - Colt slide on a Fusion frame.

Frame is still in the white and I have not put the sights on yet but they will either be a Novak style or XS 24/7.

I can't decide if I want to make it look tacticool black:

Picture borrowed from Ed Brown's website.

or more of a target meets combat with an electroless nickel frame and leave the slide blued.

Picture borrowed from Ed Brown's website.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Man them is some fine lookin guns. I dont really have a prefference just lke lookin at em.:flag:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm a sucker for two tones. Pretty much all of my pistols are such. However, There are some 1911's that look great in all black. With that being said, after seeing what you have built there, it looks great two tone as it is (in the white). I would get that frame hard chromed and Ion bond the slide. As far as your sights go, I prefer the look of the Novak sights to the XS. However, that is a strictly from an aesthetic standpoint as I have never used the XS sights. Anyway, your build looks SWEET!!!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dislike two-tone finishes, ambidextrous safeties, front cocking serrations and magazines with slam pads because of looks and because I don't need these things.
I think there's nothing nicer looking then a clean black/blue pistol that functions reliably and shoots accurately but none of the things we are truly passionate about have much to do with "looks" - I still the think the best car ever built was a '49 Ferrari 166MM 1949 Ferrari 166MMbut that's just me.

I would go with the Novak's and and send the whole thing in for a clean uniform finish. :wink:

like this Executive also from EB.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I've always liked two-tones.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I just made it 11-10 in black's favor. :biggrin: I'm not a fan of two-tone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't mind two-tone but I want the slide as stainless and the frame as black. I'm just not a fan of two-tone as shown in the pictures above. That said, I wouldn't dream of that being a deciding factor in the purchase of the gun if I was getting a good deal.

Back on track (and more to the point of this thread) I voted "black is cool".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow, very nice MD. How about a parts list? Was there any serious fitting involved?

I like black guns. I say Diamondblack or Ion bond if it was mine.

How does it shoot? You are set up for some good point shooting practice without the sights on there.

Enjoy~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.