1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the looks of the new Hunter but I question the reason for the laser grips on a 'hunting' pistol? I would opt for a standard set of grips and save some money!

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd like to know how their getting away with not compensating it in the .460 chambering. Clarks has stated this to be essential to the durability of the gun.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I'd like to know how their getting away with not compensating it in the .460 chambering. Clarks has stated this to be essential to the durability of the gun.
I guess if anyone buys one we shall see if the 460 tears its self apart in short order

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I guess if it ain't compensated, that whoever shoots it, won't make it a range gun, and the lack of heavy firing if for nothing but fear, the gun probably won't get much wear. Thats how it will last.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love the looks of the new Hunter but I question the reason for the laser grips on a 'hunting' pistol? I would opt for a standard set of grips and save some money!
At typical handgun hunting ranges (50 yds max), I'm thinking the laser would help place the shot better than the open adjustable sights... IMO

Ping Ping said:
Johnny Rowland mentioned that the compensator on the Clark Custom System was essential to keeping the barrel locked up longer than without... thus reducing the stresses placed on the frame/slide. Maybe Wilson Combat went with one of those "Squared" firing pin stops to add more resistance to the slide, in essence increasing the lockup time enough not to batter the hell out of the frame??? Or they could be using a thicker "shock-buff" :biglaugh:

I'd love to own a 1911 patterned gun natively chambered for the .460 Rowland, and I'd love to someday own a Wilson Combat as well... this would kill two birds with one stone... but DANG!!! You see the sticker price on these guns (glad to see the .460 costs the same as a 10mm)???

I think I'll wait for my Clark Custom Conversion and save up for a Wilson Combat (in .45 auto of course), or maybe even an Ed Brown.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Laser sighting devices of any type are illegal to hunt with in most states.

·
Registered
135 Posts
10mm knowledge!

10 mm norma is just 10mm Norma did the original loading of the 10mm the truly stout stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_mm_Auto
The "10mm Norma" is simply the "full power" loads of the 10mm Automatic Pistol Cartridge. Look to Double Tap Ammunition to understand what these truly are. You can find it at www.doubletapammo.com. These loads are how the 10mm auto should be loaded, not "watered down" loads whose ballistics mirror the .40 S&W. These are the real McCoy!

I hope that this sheds light on the subject.

Scott

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I don't do enough hunting to justify getting something like that but it is still awful purdy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts