1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Wilson Classic Super Grade vs. Ed Brown Classic Custom

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  donkey77 
#1 ·
My Classic Super Grade is one of the best 1911s I own. I have an Ed Brown Classic Custom on order and should have it in another 3 or 4 weeks. I'm curious as to which I'll like better.

Does anybody have both?

Has anyone shot both?

The only Brown I've ever shot is my Kobra Carry. I have a couple Wilson's, including the Super Grade, and have shot a few others.

#3 ·
I did that to buy my first Kimber. Wife know a few names. S&W, Colt. When I got it told her it was a lesser know off brand & didnt cost much.
Really didnt. Gave $600 for my first K compact CDP.
Guy was in trouble for spending Christmas money on a gun. I helped him out of the dog house.:biggrin:

#4 ·
Bac,

I can't be any help regarding your questions, but I can help boost your ego. I'm turning green with jealousy right about now. I would love to have either gun. I would prefer the Wilson, but I've heard great things about Browns. I just prefer Wilson's looks as I like front slide serrations. You are the envy of many a 1911 lover! Have fun and feel free to donate which ever you like less to me.

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

I'll give a range report, as I'm going to compare to two head to head with about 500 rounds of ammo.

I should have the Brown in two more weeks. I hate waiting. That said, 45 days for a 1911 like the Classic Custom is not bad at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.