1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Classic Super Grade is one of the best 1911s I own. I have an Ed Brown Classic Custom on order and should have it in another 3 or 4 weeks. I'm curious as to which I'll like better.

Does anybody have both?

Has anyone shot both?

The only Brown I've ever shot is my Kobra Carry. I have a couple Wilson's, including the Super Grade, and have shot a few others.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I dont have a Wilson, but I shot a Supergrade, back before I could afford my High end guns, I was shooting a Kimber at a Very nice Florida gun club. There I was allowed to look at and Shoot a Wilson Combat Supergrade, as well as several Ed Brown Models including the Classic Custom, my opinion. Brown makes a better finished, fit pistol, the Supergrade is an awesome pistol and more accurate than me, but the Ed Browns just fit me right and feel better to me, That is why I own 2 Browns and have ordered 2 more including a Classic Custom. Both are superb pistols, but i am a Brown guy :flag:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I haven't shot either, but I like the feel of Brown's better than Wilson's. its just how Ed cuts the frontstrap...

if memory serves me right, the Classic Custom has a mirror finished slide. the Wilson is their standard finish.

Wilsons are great, Browns are great too. they are bolth premium grade pistols.

I geuss it just comes down to your taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Classic Super Grade is one of the best 1911s I own. I have an Ed Brown Classic Custom on order and should have it in another 3 or 4 weeks. I'm curious as to which I'll like better.
Should be about delivery time, no?

I suspect you will like the Wilson more. So much more so, that you will be compelled to sell the Brown for pennies on the dollar. And, being the stand up gent that I am, I will help relieve you of it most promtly.

PM me!! :dancingbananna:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.