1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....a Ciener .22 conversion slide/barrel? I'm without a .22 pistol and was thinking of getting one for my TRS. Good idea or not? Oh and as to "why?", because I'm cheap! Haha.

Seriously, I'm thinking of just getting a .22 pistol but this idea ran through my mostly empty head.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
For the cost, I would probably just get me a 22 plinker, like a Ruger Mark II/III, or something in that similar range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get the conversion unit for between $125-$150 so that stimulated my underworked thought processes.

One of my favorite toy shops has a bunch of really nice used .22s but nothing under $250. Don't want to be penny wise & pound foolish.

I'll go look again on Saturday, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can get the conversion unit for between $125-$150 so that stimulated my underworked thought processes.

One of my favorite toy shops has a bunch of really nice used .22s but nothing under $250. Don't want to be penny wise & pound foolish.

I'll go look again on Saturday, thanks for the feedback.

Doc,
I have one of those Ruger 22/45 deals, and it is a HOOT to shoot, plus all the controls and the dimensions on the grip are pretty close to a 1911. You probably knew all of that, though.
I'm just posting to say THAT is the way I would go.
DD

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is on the Marvel Conversion Unit "We do have many customers that have our Conversion Unit on their Les Bear,
but there are times when our Conversion Unit will not work".

I just ordered one a few weeks ago ..the Unit 1 with some upgrades...I might get a frame and make a seperate gun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I too decided on the 22/45 route. I paid only $250 out the door for it. The way I looked at it was that I could either spend a grand on a dedicated frame and kit, or get a conversion and pay $150-$250, then another hundski, or so to have it fit and make it function. Then, lay awake at night wondering about running two different wear patterns on a $2000 gun.
Don't get me wrong, for a cost no object, low cost plinker, I think a .22 1911 is the hot ticket. I'm just not a member the "cost no object" club.

I am really looking forward to your latest project, Lucho.

I clean this thing religiously, every 2000rds, or so... or whenever it stops cycling. Whichever comes first. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
only 2 k rounds ping dang my mark ii is going on 5k with out cleaning

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot about the 22/45 from Ruger. The little shop I give most of my paychecks to doesn't currently have one, hence the reason I forgot. That would probably be the more prudent thing to do.

Thanks Ping & DD for the slap upside the head I needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.