1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had the opportunity to get my wife out shooting today. She has been familiar with guns but it had been a looooong time since she`s done any shooting. There has been a continued series of unpleasant events in our vicinity lately, and she finally agreed that she needed a little refresher for self/home defense training today. I had gotten her a Bersa Thunder .380 for X-Mas, and today was her first time out with it. It was quite chilly and her arthritis was bothering her hands, so she only ran 2 mags thru it (14 rds) but she did very well. We didn`t have time to get to my normal gravel pit range, so we just shot in the back yard. I taped a 7 inch paper plate onto a 12x12 box and placed it on the ground. At 10 yards, 12 of 14 shots were on the box, with 7 on the plate. The 2 misses were in the dirt just in front of the box. She is anxious for it to warm up some more so that we can get over to the gravel pit so that she can run a few more boxes thru it. She is finally taking defense seriously and I`m very proud of her. I also had her squeeze off 2 rounds of .44 special SWC thru my old S&W 29-2 .44 mag. She didn`t mind the recoil but didn`t care for the weight of the gun...her arthritis has taken it`s toll on her hand/wrist strength.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
She's not the only one in a hurry for better weather...:smile:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am always glad to see the ladies take responsibility for their safety at home & especially in public. Congrats on her getting out. Hope the events settle down.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
You're a good man, with a great lady. Keep it up.:biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts