1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been following your posts on this and other forums and am some what impressed. Your ar's look to be done right but tell me why I would/should buy one of your 1911's over a ria which I'v only heard good reports.Not slamming you and meaning no offence.I have look at CD 1911's in the past but was not ready to buy.Just some thing I'v been wondering about for a while.Thanks with much regards and respect,DogRanger

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If you read further in this forum they are no longer being made by armscor, they are changing manufacturers so as not to have to compete with ria's which are made by the same company.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Go ahead and get your RIA, you won't be disappointed, right now CD is not making or importing 1911's, they are in the process of working with a new manufacturer for their product line, and if its who I think it is, it will definitely be worth the money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not say I was getting RIA,I have Springfield 1911 and want to find a buddy for it. I'd rather wait for the new CD from a new manufacturer and on your say I will, you could pm me on who you think. thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been following your posts on this and other forums and am some what impressed. Your ar's look to be done right but tell me why I would/should buy one of your 1911's over a ria which I'v only heard good reports.Not slamming you and meaning no offence.I have look at CD 1911's in the past but was not ready to buy.Just some thing I'v been wondering about for a while.Thanks with much regards and respect,DogRander
DogRander,

Thanks for your post. Sorry I haven't answered sooner but I see several other members here have and they have explained what some of our future plans are.

I've been in the import firearm business for over 30 years and I can tell you the worst thing for an importer to have to do is compete with its own supplier. When the market heats up, as it did this past year, the manufacturer inevitably gives priority in its deliveries to its own outlet. RIA was given such priority in 2007 and it left Charles Daly high and dry. Our company cannot survive without product, so after 11 years of selling Armscor produced 1911's (and 30 years of selling Armscor firearms), we have moved our production elsewhere.

The RIA is no better and no worse than the current CD inside. The CD has a nicer finish and some additional features, but internally it is the exact same gun. The same can be said for Hi-Standard and who knows what others. Armscor is also assembling the new STI Spartan from an Armscor slide, frame and barrel with STI internals.

Our new 1911 will be along in October and will be well worth the wait. It is in another league than Armscor (also at a higher price). If I had to compare it to anything I would say we will be building a better Kimber than Kimber, for less money. I know that's a big claim, but I think production will bear me out.

I also made claims about our new AR's and I believe the early tests and reviews bear out those claims.

Charles Daly is stepping up it's quality in all market segments. The new 1911 will follow this change of philosophy that bore fruit with our entry into the AR market.

There are still Armscor made CD's available out there and probably will be throughout the summer, but after that they will dry up. RIA, Hi-Standard, the new Eagle Imports (also from the Philippines, but not Armscor) can all fight over the lower end of the market. We intend to compete with a higher quality and not the lowest price any longer.

I hope that answers your questions.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply, thats what I wanted to know.I'm not looking to buy at this moment but when I do I know where to put you on the list, near the top.I read your reviews on m4carbines and saw thier chart, again not in the market at this time but really impressed. If you need some one to help or test for you in Ct. give me a shout.I'll wait for Oct.,with much reguard and respect,DogRanger

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would seem that Obama is the best gun salesman that has held public office. My normal distrubitor is out of everything
That holds interest. As a company it would seem that you would concentrate on product and customers and consider voting correctly that is all we have besides the NRA. Long live the republic, but are you still in business. I Like your guns i have
Three what is new in your line up. The only thing that hurts gun ownership is the stupid people that insist upon harming those that are not their enemy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am picking up a used Charles Daly 1911 from a private party seller tomorrow. How do I discern which 'era' the gun originated from? Are the country/compny of production included in the stamping on the frame/slide/barrel on all the C D handguns?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The ATI is not manufactured by Armscor/Rock Island Armory, it is manufactured by S.A.M. which is Shooters Arms Manufacturing in the Philippines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It looks like a 1911, but it isn't. A couple years back a co-worker said he couldn't get his father's Charles Daly to feed reliably. I brought in my test snap caps, and cycling the action slowly, the cartridge rim would consistently catch on the bottom edge of the extractor as the cartridge rim rose up from the magazine tube.

I carry a couple of spare (pre Series 70 and post series 70) Ed Brown extractors in my range bag, already profiled, polished, and tensioned. Neither would seat all the way into the Charles Daly receiver. Both stuck out the rear about 1/8" when the front of the extractor claw was where it belonged on the breech face.

Bottom line.. the Charles Daly I had in my hands looked like and functioned like a 1911, but was dimensionally off from the Colts and Springfield Armories I have.

Sometimes a bargain is not a bargain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Charles Daly, aka Michael: Glad to see you are going to continue with the 1911 platform. I remember what happened with the 1911 that your supplier "sold" out from under you...a shame!

Interestingly I bought a Daly M5 and the next day you were out of the 1911 business (temporarily). Several attempts to contact your former supplier to try to correct some problems with the gun and they never replied to my e-mails. After a short visit to an East Coast gun smith and some skilled rearranging of some steel molecules, the gun shoots like a dream. Sign me up for a test drive of your new gun and please offer it in .38 Super. I will buy a .38 Super, Commander sized if you will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.