1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for Bob and/or Dale. Price not being the only factor, why should I buy a Fusion Firearms vs. a Wilson Combat or other "name brand" 10mm 1911. What sets Fusion apart or above the others?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
They not only put them together they "fuse" the parts together. That's why they are called fusion, isn't that right guys?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Dilbert...

This is a hard question for me to answer being that I'm biased.
I'll start by saying that Bob and I have a passion to provide our customers with the highest quality 1911 at a reasonable price.
Maybe some of our other customers can chime in and give thier reasons to chose us. This way you'll get a more rounded and unbiased opinion. :smile:
Thanks for asking!!

Dale.

:flag:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Unbiased - Ha, Best gun I own.:dancingbananna:

·
Registered
116 Posts
You are right if money is no the object then get a night hawk vickers and feel good about it.
On the other hand if money means something to you buy a gun that is just as good, who's fit, finish and parts quality is equal to any and with people who will stand behind what they sell then get a fusion.
For that mater if you really want to spend the $3,600 or so I saw the night hawk selling for I would say buy 3 Fusions 9mm, 10mm and .

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am really happy with my 10mm Longslide. You really have to trust the people on the gun boards that can compare with other guns. The fit and finish on mine is 1st class. Mine really gets attention at the range, not just other shooters, but the employees that have seen plenty of different guns. Waiting to get mine to an outdoor range and try longer shots with a rest. But the snow and high wind has closed many of the highways here since I got my gun so outdoor shooting has not been an option.

·
Texan
49 Posts
One thing about NHC that I rarely see brought up is they use Caspian Cast frames.In comparison Fusion uses forged frames. While I have no doubt in the quality or durability of the Caspian frame. I just simply cannot pay that kind of money for a cast frame when there are other equally well finished out 1911's at a lower cost. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
NHC does use cast frames on recon models and of course the Vickers jewel. Other NHC frames are forged. I have confidence the forged Fusion frame is of high quality. I have a complete Fusion government model on order in 38 super. I should have it in 3-4 weeks. It will join my 2 NHC Talons with forged frames and 1 GRP recon with the cast Caspian frame, and a new Wilson CQB Elite, which, check me if I'm wrong, is machined from bar stock. Remember, the Eiffel Tower in Paris is made from cast iron.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It would be pretty hard to machine it it from barstock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts