1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I considered buying a Colt 1911. Which current series does not have the firing pin safety? I bought a Combat Commander in the early 70's and it got away from me in later years. I would like to replace it, but do not want one with the firing pin safety-if Colt still makes such a model.

PS-This is a most enjoyable forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
70s or pre 70s or the wwi repos don't

80 has it so does xse and special combats

·
Registered
59 Posts
Colt does not currently make a Commander without a firing pin safety.

There are no Series 70 Commanders, just Commanders that were made in the 70's. And there are plenty around for sale.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Colt is making several Full size models without the Firing pin safety; The 70 series repro, the 01911 WWI repro and the 01918 WWI Repro. Seriously though, I have had no issues at all with my series 80's in any size. I personally wouldn't let the FPS get in the way of buying any Colt that was in good shape!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I personally wouldn't let the FPS get in the way of buying any Colt that was in good shape!
I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't let anything get in the way of buying a Colt Jeff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
There really is nothing wrong with the Series 80 set up.
The Series 70 Repos as well as the WW1, WW2, 01918, and Gunsite are newer Colts without the Series 80 set up but I believe the Series 70 and 01918 are the only ones currently produced.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
yep, yep, Jeff has a disease, Hunter is just plain sick. He likes Fords, and says he drinks beer, but I found it was Busch Light, I'm not sure that really counts for beer or not. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Keep it up yall.
I will have you know I am having an ice cold Grolsch and looking at my 1991A1.
We can only be thankful he's not zipping a Zima and looking at his pink-framed Taurus.

Life is good.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I take Hunter as a Pabst Blue Ribbon guy i think there is no fear of Zima with him

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Hunter likes his lemonade & bibs....

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
And as I recall Jeff Cooper was fond of Grolsch.

And liking Fords is a sign of fine taste and discernment.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Ah well, what can one expect from someone who doesn't like Fords?:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Fords Suck ...and OD that pic is just wrong

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Bud, be advised that the cat likes Fords too.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What Can i say Frank the cat has no taste..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts