1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a Colt Combat Commander XSE with the 4.25" slide. I did not like the fixed dot rear sight so I have replaced this with a Fusion Firearms adjustable rear sight. This was a relativley easy procedure (just minor file fitting) since the dovetail were both designed for a standard Novak slide cut. My question how do I detmine (i.e. is there a formula) proper blade height for the new front sight?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Blackhawk, I would shoot from a rest (preferrably) and see how it hits first if you have not already done that. That way if it hits for example 2" low you can figure out what height front sight you need to adjust for that. I would not go by any formula to match a front sight to the rear one without doing that first as not all guns are exactly the same.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Problem is there is not production front sight that will replace it as it is a odd ball cut.. OD can expand on this more

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I thought they changed the cut on later versions, if so it would depend on which he has. I could be thinking about something else.

I do believe there are SOME production sights out there for the odball cut sight, listed as colt "enhanced", either way.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
you would have to measure it Just looking at them is hard to tell

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not certain on how to take measurements but here are some numbers for you. Blade height is.178" this number does not include the dovetail base. Width of base as measured from the side is .290" and width across the front of the base measures .420". Might be able to do better if someone could explain procedure to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trijicon makes a .180" tall night sight for the Colt front sight cut. Their part number is CA23F. I don't know if tritium is what you want or not, but that's the only sight I know of made for that cut. The cut is not a Novak or a Heinie.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that John and welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts