1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since the gun is now ordered I need to invest in a holster. I am looking Galco Holsters, specifically the N3 IWB HOLSTER. Unfortunately there is no option on their site for Fusion 1911's so should I order it molded for Springfield, Sig, or Kimber 1911? Will they all fit? :confused:

·
Trout Bum
66 Posts
Might give Milt Sparks a call. As well, if you call Galco, they can probably tell you as well.

Oh, congrats on the order!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Galco and they said that any that are designed for a 5" 1911 should work fine. So I am hoping some others that own 5" Fusion 1911's will chime in and let us know what type of holster they have. Bob or Dale please jump in, you must have some knowledge on this... :) thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Any holster for a 5" 1911 wi'' abolutely work. Go all the way and check out one of the custom makers.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Agree whole heartedly w/ the Pistolero.
Sparks, our own Boomstick ( I have several of Jeff's, 1911 & revolver holsters), Tucker, Andrews,

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Don't know what Fusion you ordered, but the only thing that will make a 1911 5" gun NOT fit is if you ordered a "rail" framed gun. Other than that choose what you like. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hello Tracy, he said in another thread it's a stainless 5" bobtail.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My money would and has gone to Tucker Gunleather for concealment holsters. I have a Silent Thunder IWB that works great for me. Not sure what your feelings about kydex are, but I think it would be worth looking into. I also have one of Tucker's HF1 rigs on order. The service you get with them can't be beat. And they're pretty damn friendly to boot.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I have a MS Summer Special for my 5" Colt Gunsite and a Commander size (IWB--don't remember the name of it) for my LTW Colt Comm made by Jim (www.thebeltman.net). He doesn't list holsters on his website, but he makes a great quality holster----just like his belts. He does belt-holster-mag carrier-keychain combos at really good prices. Call him, he's a really nice guy to talk to also.

Concealing a 5''er isn't anymore difficult than a Comm size unless you're going OWB style. IWB---the extra 3/4" isn't an issue. Tracy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I really think the Milt Sparks VMII's would be nice BUT: "If you were to place your order today, the delivery time being quoted on new orders, is 20 to 26 weeks!" Holy crap! :eek: Maybe I will just go ahead and order one and buy a cheap one to use while I wait.... :thinking:

·
Registered
93 Posts
The VMII is definitely highly regarded everywhere you look. I want one as well but will have to look into alternatives since waiting 6 months isn't much of an option.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Brownells usually carries the MS Summer Special in their catalogue. That's where I got mine. Tracy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
My Milt Sparks VS2 showed up today! It is a very nice rig. I tried it on without a gun and it was very comfortable. I almost didn't even know it was on...... I also went down and applied for my permit today. So when the gun shows up I will be good to go... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.