1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the middle of the city and shoot mostly at The Bull's Eye indoor range near my house (just 7 minutes away). I am now a life member because I work there part part time (when they need me). It's great because I get to talk and sell guns, get free brass, and shoot all I want. Here's my indoor range: www.bullseyestl.com/. I also belong to an outdoor shooting club, Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club - www.arnoldgunclub.org. That's where I shot IPSC, steel, and bull's eye matches. Our club owns a valley and has many shooting areas.

Where do you shoot?

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Angelina Rifle & Pisto Club. Range Safety Office there.
Outdoor & lots of pistol shooting bays & rifle ranges.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When the weather is co-operative, I shoot outdoors at the Springfield Bench Rest Rifle Club range, located in Billings, MO. That's about a 25 minute drive. Although it's primarily a rifle club, we have a pistol section that is set up for NRA Action Pistol shooting - barricades, falling plates, mover. NRA Action Pistol sanctioned matches are held on the second Sunday of each month, March thru November. We usually have about 20 shooters at a match.

When not able to shoot outdoors, I shoot at an indoor range in a Bass Pro store in Springfield, about a 7 minute drive from my house. An individual membership costs $75 a year and is good for unlimited visits and unlimited time per visit. It's a pretty good deal I think.

I shoot about 15-17K rounds of CF handgun a year, and probably another 1K of .22. If anyone is going to be passing throught Springfield, and can take some time to do a little shooting, give me a holler and we'll hit the range together.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don`t shoot anything organized (I`m disorganized:biggrin:), I just shoot in my front or back yard, or if going to do higher volume shooting, my family has a small gravel pit. Neighbors never compain....other than why weren`t they invited ?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I don`t shoot anything organized (I`m disorganized:biggrin:), I just shoot in my front or back yard, or if going to do higher volume shooting, my family has a small gravel pit. Neighbors never compain....other than why weren`t they invited ?

AHHHH, Don't ya just love it?

My neighbor way back behind me told me when I get my AR, that he wouldn't be surprised to hear a large amount of rifle fire one day, and he said for me not to be surprised when he shows up shortly thereafter wanting to shoot it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Have a range i go to when in town when at my cabin i have a place to shoot outside which i prefer

·
Registered
394 Posts
AHHHH, Don't ya just love it?

My neighbor way back behind me told me when I get my AR, that he wouldn't be surprised to hear a large amount of rifle fire one day, and he said for me not to be surprised when he shows up shortly thereafter wanting to shoot it.
Yes I do love it. Most of our neighbors around here are at the least avid hunters/sportsmen, regardless of rather or not they are just plain shooters. So it sure is nice not having to worry about who`s PO`d by the racket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a couple of sand pits on the property that I use as a range for the big bores. For the 22s I just go out by the shop and shoot away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a membership at an indoor range and one at an outdoor range. I prefer the outdoor when weather and daylight allow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Private range 2 miles up the road. 15 to 50 yrd covered pistol range, covered skeet range, 50 / 100 yrd covered rifle , 200/300 covered rifle, rimfire plinking range , archery range and clubhouse that they hold swap meets clinics and other events.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Remember I live in Suburban Hell. The closest outdoor range is maybe 1 1/2 hours away, if no traffic. I do have a range about 10 minutes from my home. Good indoor range with good lighting and they have 3 lanes for long rifle up to .308. I will be getting a membership there for 250 a year and they have the best price on .45 WWB, in quantity its as low as 11 bucks a box. That beats gun show and walmart prices.

Its about 1 mile from LA international airport, directly under the landing pattern, hence the name.
http://www.laxrange.com/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most of the time we shoot at Busiek which is about 45 minutes south of Springfield, MO. Sometimes when the mood is right, we head out to Springfield Bench Rest Rifle Club range, located in Billings, MO...and since hubby works at Bass Pro Shops, we occasionally go out there to shoot. It's free for us as long as there isn't anyone waiting for the range.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ten minutes away at a private gun club I belong to. Only 125 members but I think two other shooters and I get more use out of it than the other members who use it to sight in their deer rifles in the fall.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm still lookin' for a place close and handy. I found an indoor range 15 mi away and an outdoor range some 20 mi away(too cold now) But, so far no luck on anything closer. Maybe I need to open a range?

ps - No offence MsCharlie45, but that script in your post is sorta hard on these old eyes.:frown:

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
We shoot on my back acre.

I'll also shoot right off the back deck if I'm only trying out a hand full of new re-loads .

There's an indoor pistol range about 10 minutes down the road from me too.
I go there once in awhile

..L.T.A.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.