Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys and gals,

Lets find out about each other.

I live in a far SW suburb of the Twin Cities and teach 8th grade Earth Science. I have two wonderful kids, one of each, and they are the center of my universe. I am divorced after 13 years of what I thought was a happy marriage. Now I am now an extremely broke but a free lone wolf. My current favorite guns are made by Dan Wesson and Fusion. I love to reload and will take .45acp and colt, .270rem, and 10mm recipes from all who care to share.

Currently listening to Deep Purple, Lazy, from the Machine Head album.

What about you?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I am 33 years old, live in Dublin NC, its a small town halfway between Ft. Bragg and Wilmington NC.
I am a Paramedic Field Training Officer in Pinehurst NC, and am also a tactical medic for the Sheriff's Department. Thats my job...Been doing medical since 93.
I am volunteer firefighter in Dublin, and currently serve as an assistant chief with Dublin. This is what I do for a hobby...Been doing fire since 92.

I have three kids, all the same age...:hairpull:

In my offtime, I teach Firefighter, Rescue Technician, and Emergency Vehicle Driving classes for the local community colleges.

I like to fish too, and my girls will be 5 this year, they got lifejackets, and WE GOIN FISHIN this summer

Oh, I like old shotties, and NO, I don't have enough guns...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm 26, will be 27 in two weeks. Live up here in the 49th state and don't plan living anywhere else when my time in the service is up. I'm the proud daddy of two little boys, about two years apart in age, and also the proud husband a wonderful woman who has stuck by me. Even though I've made, and continue to make many mistakes, and through a 16 month trip to the sandbox. I enjoy reading any article I can get my hands on about the 1911 and every now and then the M-4. More than anything though, I enjoy spending time with the family, even if they drive me nuts.

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
I'm 48 years old married and have two boys. The oldest is going to school in Texas and the youngest is still at home. I pastor a Missionary Baptist Church and shoe horses during the week. We live in Violet Hill Arkansas, which is located in North Central Arkansas just east of Lake Norfolk and south of the Missouri border, on a farm that has been in the family for 5 generations.
Enjoy hunting, fishing and horseback riding (actually mules) along with shooting. My weakness is anything with the prancing pony on it.:biglaugh:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I'm here on the banks of the Mississippi River, in St. Louis, Mo. I've made it to 54 years old. I've been married now for 28 years, and have one daughter, 24. I'm an xray tech and for the last 8 years have been working in the Vascular Interventional Radiology dept at a large hospital. Prior to that I spent 17 years in the ER taking xrays, and 3 years in the OR operating portable xray equipment. I met my wife, who was also an xray tech at the hospital where we worked together. Who says workplace romances don't work out? It did for us. I like to say "Things developed in the darkroom". The safe light is kinda romantic. I built my own computer, and enjoy tinkering with such stuff. My obsession is shooting, especially 1911's. I'm lucky enough to work part time at a nearby indoor shooting range and gun store. I do it mainly for fun, but I do get a little pay. I also get guns and supplies at dealer cost. I even have a lifetime membership for the range, not that I really need it. I also belong to the Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club where I enjoy outdoor shooting. That's where I used to shoot IPSC and steel matches. My understanding wife has allowed me to take over part of the basement to make my reloading room. I spend lots of time down there hanging onto the handle of my Dillon 650. My shop often smells like Hoppe's #9. I sure miss the old formula. If you're old enough to remember - as they changed the formula a few years ago because there was something dangerous in it. Whatever! It used to smell more like bananas. So there you have it, a snapshot of Primersinmyshoe.

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
I'm 36 and as I write this it is a balmy 8 degrees and falling outside in the land of 10000+ frozen lakes.
Most of my shooting has been Cowboy Action and my 1911 bug is only a couple years old but has been limited to exposure to some pretty nice pistols. I respect and appreciate some really old, kinda tired expensive ones too.
I grew up around horses and the joke at my wedding was that my parents hired my wife to marry me since we met when she came to work for them. 3 years ago I left a Mom & Pop bus garage after wrenching on School Buses for a decade and took a job as a Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant Mechanic. Does that make me a $hitty mechanic?

I've got two kids, one of each kind. My first attempt is now fifteen and it is hard to say whether she is a bigger handful than my five year old but I am sure she would let him take the credit and he wouldn't have it any other way. Cowboys are like that you know.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hoppes used to have Nitrobenzine in it.

50's, married many years with 2 kids (both in their 30's) and 6 grandkids (1 set of twins). Been shooting forever, grew up on deer, squirrel, rabbit, quail, commodities doled out from the back of a truck, fresh garden veggies, hogs we butchered and milk straight from a cow (after churning the butter of course). My brother and I were hunting for the small stuff as long as I can remember, shot a deer off the porch in grade school. 12 Years US Navy, retired postal worker.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
I will be 32 next month and am a firefighter-paramedic. Born and raised in California. I have been a fireman for 10 years now, in Nor Cal and now in So Cal. My other hobbies are Ducati Motorcycles, Ice Hockey and paintball guns. A picture of me at the office, a fire on New Years morning.I ended up melting my helmet and face piece in the fire. The face piece starts to melt above 600 degrees.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am 58. Married for 39 yrs, we plan to have a big 40th & then look for 50.
Pastor Jubilee Baptist Church in the big Cityof Diboll, Texas, (just over 5000)
Pastoral Ministry for 34 yrs now.
Daughter here w/ 2 children. Son retiring from the Air Force June 27. He has 2 Children.
CHL for 8 yrs. Carry 1911 daily. Yes the preacher carries at church too. Ruger SP101. Several other CHLs there too.
Range Safety Marshal at the local gun club. Teach gun safety & personal defense. Like to shoot & reload. .45, .380, 9mm, 38sp, .357, .308, 300WSM.
Moderator on texaschlforum.com
Cancer surviver & a brand new knee replacement.
Life is good.
LT

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 54 yrs old. I live in eastern Nebr. about 30 miles outside of Omaha. Married 27 years with two grown sons. I'm a deputy sheriff for a small department here.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
50, father of two.
Oldest, a son, was recently married, our daughter still lives at home.
married 26yrs
(techniquely I guess it would be 23 years, cause we were seperated AND divorced for 3 years out of the 26+ we've been together)

I own and operate a small carpet cleaning biz in north east Ohio.
Started that in '90.
In '01 we diversified and started doing rental rehabs.
For the most part, that's paintin', fixin', and cleanin'.
That accounts for about half our gross revenue now.
I have two full time Aces

I'm a Steelhead trout fishing fanatic and chase them in 2 states regularly.
Got back into handgun shooting regularly a couple years ago.

I'm also a recovered alkie.
Haven't touched a drop since 7-7-92
(by the Grace of God)
and the only drugs I've abused since then are nicotine and caffien

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
cap, I tip my hat to you & am thankful that you give God the glory for his grace of abstenance in your life.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
26 years old,married for four years to a beautiful wife who is far more patient with me than she should be. One son,15 months,he's a handsome devil like his daddy.;)

I'd like to say my job is exciting and fraught with danger and intrigue, but I just build new homes with my dad and brother.The market's tight right now but a reputation for quality has kept us busier than most small builders.

As you all know,I love Dan Wessons and I've just gotten into long-range (compared to pistols anyway) shooting with a Savage .308.

·
Registered
67 Posts
39 years old. Recently became single again with no kids. Natural gas utility worker in a county south of Indianapolis. In the warm months I'm all about riding my Harley and road tripping. Currently still working on getting my degree from IU. That's about it.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
26 years old,married for four years to a beautiful wife who is far more patient with me than she should be. One son,15 months,he's a handsome devil like his daddy.;)

I'd like to say my job is exciting and fraught with danger and intrigue, but I just build new homes with my dad and brother.The market's tight right now but a reputation for quality has kept us busier than most small builders.

As you all know,I love Dan Wessons and I've just gotten into long-range (compared to pistols anyway) shooting with a Savage .308.
Glad to get to meet you this much better. Hope you building market holds up & even gets stronger. I will put your letter in the mail on the way to the church office this morning.

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
I'm 72 and retired. I don't do nothing I don't want to do.

I have 5 grandchildren that I plan to firearm teach/train.

Here's two;

BTW, sober since 1979.....and proud of it..........

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hoppes used to have Nitrobenzine in it.

50's, married many years with 2 kids (both in their 30's) and 6 grandkids (1 set of twins). Been shooting forever, grew up on deer, squirrel, rabbit, quail, commodities doled out from the back of a truck, fresh garden veggies, hogs we butchered and milk straight from a cow (after churning the butter of course). My brother and I were hunting for the small stuff as long as I can remember, shot a deer off the porch in grade school. 12 Years US Navy, retired postal worker.
Jerry, didn't know you were writing my bio for me.

60, married 40 years to a woman much to good for me. Have a son and a daughter and 4 grandkids. Grew up on a hilltop farm in Tenn. and like Jerry been shooting deer, squirrel, rabbit, quail forever, grew fresh garden veggies, rasied our own hogs and milked our own cows and made our own butter. We got what we didn't raise from the peddler who came around once a month.

I retired from the Air Force after 21 years and now I currently work as a contracter on federal computer systems.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Haha, sure sounds pretty close to the same.

We had a big wooden kitchen table that my grandfather made that doubled as a hog butchering table. Bet you guys had a big black pot out back for rendering lard and remember fresh made cracklings and crackling corn bread.

We also had a washing machine out back that you filled by hand, plugged in to wash and had a hand wringer on top of it. A bath tub was a bug round tub for the kids and elongated one for the adults filled by hand. The bathroom was of course a little building out back and a "slop jar" by the bed.

Way different world back then expecially for us country folk, eh?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.