1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all do when not shooting or messing around with guns?

I love playing guitar and fixing computers.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
When the work at the church is done I am in the gun room, on the range training or helping someone train, or on the gun boards. I dont watch TV.

·
Registered
394 Posts
When I`ve finished with my 50-60 hrs of work each week, most of my free time is divided up between helping my grown kids and grandkids with projects or helping my dad with projects. The little of my free time left after that is spent in my shop working on my antique tractors or doing routine service work on any one of the 3 vehicles we have around here. With putting 750 to 800 miles per week on my truck, thats an oil change every 5 weeks or so. And I spend a few minutes occasionally trying to keep everything in order with our old camper, having it prepared for our annual 10 day north country vacation.

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
I'm retired.....
Every night is a Friday night, every day is a Saturday and Sunday is a day of rest.....

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
The little of my free time left after that is spent in my shop working on my antique tractors
Interesting, I have a 1953 Ford NAA.

What do you have?????

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm a stay-home dad.
And that should explain my "free" time.

Antique tractors?
My dad got into that in his last years,as he was about to quit farming. I helped him quite a bit with puttering around on them.
Of course, he used them back when they weren't antiques. In fact, he started walking behind two mules and a horse.
I guess I spent some time on antique tractors when we "didn't know they were antiques"- they were what we had!
When he died, he had a McCormick (IHC) W-9, a W400, and a Farmall 300.
We had a Hercules 3.5 HP hit and miss engine we owned together. I still have that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Interesting, I have a 1953 Ford NAA.

What do you have?????
Well....don`t have enough time to list them all, but between my dad and I we have 17 or 18 tractors. All John Deere except for 1 late 30`s Farmall F-20. My family`s pride and Joy is a 1928 JD GP. My great grandfather bought it new and it`s never left the home farm or family. My favorites that are here at my house (I have several project tractors stored at my dads) are a 37 JD A, 39 JD B, 49 JD G, 49 JD A, and my 59 JD 730 Diesel. And I have a 36 JD B that I`m working on for a friend that I`m also trying to squeeze out of him. None of my tractors have ever had a full blown restoration...but a few have been repainted. All of them here have always been kept in working order and are bone stock. They are truly a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It would seem that I am always messing with firearms. Between mine, my son's and the ones on the ship there is always something that needs to be done!!!! The ones on the ship, let me first say that I am in charge of security on a 164' Westport Motor Yacht, are being checked over, fired and maintained when the ship is in port in my hometown of Virginia. It is in the Bahamas right now so they are the Captain's responsibility when I am not there!!!! Other than messing with the firearms I am usually helping my mother around her house or doing yard work at mine!!!:smile::smile:

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
1953 Ford NAA with grandson....

·
Registered
207 Posts
I race RC Cars
http://www.racernine.com

and I play music, guitar... with my wife's group when they need a guitar.
http://www.2ndstring.org
I am on a few of the sample songs on the bottom of the page.

But I love to shoot most, with my trainer Jim Alvord in the High Desert... We do many different scenarios and time them, do reloads, shoot from cover, in and out of vehicles, multiple targets etc... I just love that stuff... I am now able to shoot on the move, double and triple tap and hit the target every time.

When not doing those three things I am working ( most of the time ) and doing Honey Doo's around the house.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I'm not working or shooting, I'm reloading or just wishing for spring so I can go ride my Sporty to the range among other places!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm retired and still don't have enough time in the day. Between shooting, reloading, stained glass, wood carving, honey do lists, reading and then spending time with my wife, kids and grandkids, I'm exhausted just thinking about all of this.

Then there's moving back and forth beween Iowa and Arizona... it just never ends, but I do thank the Lord everyday for the health and opportunity to do all of this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm retired and still don't have enough time in the day.
I used to hear that and couldn't believe it. Then I left work for a temporary medical leave (which became permanent) and even in my half-crippled state that limited what I could do, I still sat back after about six months and said "how did I manage to do all this stuff AND work full-time?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a stay-home dad.
And that should explain my "free" time.
That explains my free time too...only I am a stay-home mom :)

When I am not with the kids or shooting, hubby and I like to go to the movies, out to eat and walk endless hours at Bass Pro Shops. I don't have many hobbies other then guns since I don't have time on my hands.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
MzCharlie,my wife is a stay-at-home mom too! Every now and then she gets the day off while I stay home with our little guy...I don't see how she does it every day. Now that's a full-time job. :eek: He's only got two speeds...high and off. Here he is sneaking into a picture of my rifle:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Oh yeah,back on topic,my other hobbies are playing softball when it's warm enough outside and reading. I'll read about anything but Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors.

I play the piano pretty well (thanks Mom and Dad for making me take lessons,I appreciate it now) and I can carry a tune on the guitar.

And like every good American male,I used to wrench on muscle cars but I haven't messed with that since I sold my Trans Ams. Restoring a car takes the right tools, time,money,and know-how. Of the four,I only had tools. :biglaugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.