1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit i own and like some tupperware guns, but just don't see them as "handsome" good looking guns like a 1911 or a revolver.

and since I'm feeling ornery (in a chit eatin' grin kind of way)

what's the ugliest gun on the market today?

IMO, it's the Srpinger XD, followed closely by Glock.
the older CZs are might tad homely to my eye too

side note, when I bought my Glock, the dealer had an anniversary mdl 19 in the case.
Polished slide, all nice and shinny with some subtle gold lettering and I thought to myself,

"what in the world? No matter how polished and shinny the slide is, it STILL UGLEEE when hooked to the frame"....:biglaugh:

..L.T.A.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hi point is what I think of off the top of my head. I like the way the xdm looks.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Oh, I hear they are really decent guns. I just think trhey are butt ugly.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Do you remember the Hi Point we "spruced up" for our friend?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hi-point tops the list.
I personally think a Glock is a decent looking gun, and I do like the XD's. I just won't own a glock.

Now when it comes to ergonomics of guns, I still rate a Hi-point on the top for worst ergonomics, followed closely by a Glock. I despise the way they feel.

But I know someone is gonna hate me for this tho, when it comes to reliability, I would have to say that a *cough* *cough* Glock is one of the best guns on the market.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I agree with you on all points brian, except i wouldn't mind owning a g19 and g36. I don't like glocks ergonomics, but not much else can compete with these two models in my opinion. The xd ergos are excellent.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I'm with ya Boss. I keep a G36 (and an extra mag) tucked in my vehicle for emergencies.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I hate to hijack the thread, but how do you like it?

I'd like to get one for no belt sweatpants/shorts carry.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I agree with you on all points brian, except i wouldn't mind owning a g19 and g36. I don't like glocks ergonomics, but not much else can compete with these two models in my opinion. The xd ergos are excellent.
No doubt boss, I did say that Glock has to be one of the most reliable guns out there if used properly. I just can't stand the way it feels in my hands.
I've owned Rugers autos, had my hands on Beretta's more than I care too, I've had my hands on Sigs, and I must say that was one of the sweetest shooting guns I've shot. Just out of my price range. I just never can warm up to a Glock.

I must admit tho, that the more I shoot, I've grown an affinity to Smith and Wesson revolvers. I have two, and love em both. I've got a 629, and a 686.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but since the question was ugliest gun, I figured I put in there what I like the best.:wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have to go with the Hi-Point myself!!! But then again they always make for a good boat anchor!!!:whistle::rofl:

Just kidding for all the Hi-Point owners on the forum!!:eek:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hi-Point is taking a strong lead here...

Glocks won't win no beauty contests but they are reliable. I'd like a G19 again, or a G32 (I think it's a 32), mid-size .357 SIG.

I think the HK45 is pretty homely too,but it's supposed to be pretty solid. I'd also like one of those to replace the USP I sold.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
The Mateba Autorevolver is pretty fugly

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't care if this thread gets off track.
i was just trying to start some chatter

speaking of Glocks....a freind of mine with his FFL tells me they're having a sale on 45GAP pistols. (I think he said at Davidsons maybe??)
not sure what mdl, but my friend ordered 2 and tells me they're similar in size to the mdl 23.
which I "think" is considered the 40cal compact
(not the ultra compact 40cal mdl 27??)

anyway, price on the GAP was $399.
He asked if i wanted one.
i gave it some thought but declined cause I'm BROKE

OD, you're in the biz, do you if it's Davidsons selling them for that price and what model?

Thanks

..l.T.A.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I think it is CDNN that is selling them for that price.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Hi-Point gets my vote, Mirando

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.