1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Join the NRA today...and donate what you can afford, when you can afford it...I forked over $1000 the other night for a life membership, I could not really afford it either but after thinking about it for about 2 minutes, I realized I couldn't afford not to. They also offer a payment plan for a life membership...40 payments of $25.
Some people don't think very highly of the NRA...but the simple truth of it is this, the NRA is the only means we have of fighting this at a government level, and even the NRA can't fight it without money...you know the old saying...money talks and BS walks.

Write letters to your congressmen and senators...emails work too.

Keep the faith... don't think for 1 minute that your little bit of letter writing and contributing to the NRA will not make a difference...it will make a difference, because there are many, many others doing the same little bit you are....there really is safety in numbers and the more the merrier.

Take somebody to the range...don't let the media educate somebody who is willing to learn the truth about firearms.

Any other sensible suggestions are welcome...:flag:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Right on. Like I said,I'm giving NRA memberships for Christmas.

Taking someone shooting also helps show them that guns are not,in fact,dangerous. They are powerful,but not dangerous. People are dangerous,guns are tools.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
+1, Ridgerunner. Now's the time to be counted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you want a central depository for 2A rights and happenings, please check out the link in the copied info from MissouriCarry.com:

"If anyone is interested, we've got the forum up and running for

www.RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com

We are still working on the website so it will be a little while yet, but come on over and take a look and browse the forum if you like.

Our plan it to try to tie all the gun related sites together to become a GIANT voice to fight gun control legislation nationwide. Big plans and lots of work but it is a labor of love.

You can also access it by the shortcut

www.rtkaba.com

We'll see you there. Cool

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I agree with you whole heartedly.:shades:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snag,

United We Stand, my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
RJT CCW,

I'm there...both on the forum and the MySpace...it took them several days to approve my account for the forum, but I suspect they were busy getting the site up and running.

I think its a VERY good idea...when "We The People" speak loud enough, with 1 voice...they MUST listen, they have no choice.

I don't really know what everybody is waiting on...the links to that site are all over the gun forums...and RTKBA forum only has 713 members. I'd hate to think that there are only 713 people on all those forums that REALLY care about their Freedoms.

Like fiddletown said a few posts up...NOW IS THE TIME TO BE COUNTED!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the new site. I will be checking it out momentarily. As to helping to do my part, I have renewed my NRA membership early, donated till it hurts for outright NRA gifts, taken one new young man deer hunting for the first time last weekend (his father died this summer), and will be assisting getting another young lady out deer hunting for the first time Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree with you RidgeRunner. Now is definitely not the time to take our freedoms for granted, especially when there are people fighting to protect them. Didn't fork over the $1,000 for a life membership, but I did pay $85 for a 3 year membership.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
What all of u fellas said is great but besides just joining the NRA u can also talk to friends and family and if some of them tell their friends and family...well u know the times table.

Welcome to the forum........5 year old thread, but we're pretty forgiving here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks I live in NEW YORK CITY lol against my better judgment. I have a few years to go before I leave here and move to a state somewhere in America because New York is in another country. Keep the NRA, strong folks. You have no idea what goes on here. You may apply for a permit to conceal all they grant you is a target/premise permit, only after 9 months of background checks and you better have a clean drivers license or they'll turn you down for being an aggressive person. Think it can't happen in your state, think again your politician is hard at work trying to take that right away. Bloomburg our ex mayor is donating millions to the anti gun cause. Beware stay informed.

Danny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.