1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say a guy, me, wanted to by a semi-auto or pump .22 rifle. Where should he start looking and at what. Rifle would be used for plinking and small game hunting. I would want something I could keep forever and pass down to my son. Nothing tactical please.:confused:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Rifle----Ruger 10-22.
Handgun----Ruger MK3 (or whatever the current model is) or a Ruger 22-45. Personal choice of how it fits your hand. Tracy

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Rifle ruger 10/22

pistol Ruger MArk II used vs the new MK III

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Buckmark I won in a contest so I am set their.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
now you could get the funky looking buckmark rifle and use the same mags

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a Ruger 10-22 rifle and a Remington 552 BDL Speedmaster and they have both been excellent!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Ok, I'll be the oddball. You want a good repeater, but good for a little hunting, and also something that could be passed down...

I'd go with a model 39 Marlin or one of the Henrys.

Both are lever guns.

Man I WILL have one or the other...

AWESOME little guns.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
10/22 and a Mark II for sure.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
10/22 if you want to tinker with it. You can set them up however you want.

I don't have one but I second the CZ bolt-actions also. I'm not really into rimfires,but if I was I'd really look at a CZ.

·
Registered
160 Posts
"The best" can mean different things to different people, but my favorites are:

Semi-auto rifles: Browning takedown 22 Auto.

Pistols: I like High Standards. The Citation and Trophy in later models; the B, HB, D, and HD in earlier models.

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
The Ruger 10/22 is a fine rifle, but that Browning takedown is very neat. In a bolt action, the CZs are great bargains. And I'm really tempted to buy a Marlin 39 (Annie Oakley's favorite).

·
Registered
63 Posts
10/22 is solid - My oldest daughter now "owns" the one I got when I was 9. I bought a Marlin Model 60W for me - fun shooter. The lever guns are cooler, though.

As for pistols - Ruger is good, Smith Model 41 is best, IMHO :)

--jcd

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know you said semis or pump, but you really should consider bolties. A good boltie will be strong, accurate, and will be durable enough to pass down one day. I'm partial to CZs myself.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This response is great. I am soaking it all it. Thanks and keep up the opinions.

Snag

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Also as said if you want a Bolt style 22 you can miss with a CZ 452 i have one in a left hand bolt and its a riot put a 3x9 on it and ohhh baby

·
Registered
5 Posts
For something to pass down in a pump or semi automatic. Winchester 61, 62, or 63. For a bolt, Winchester 52. Do you think I am biased towards older Winchesters?:flag:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts