1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Serva,
I will be ordering a gun from you around mid-summer. It is always enlightening to know what guns the gun builders build for themselves. If possible, can you describe the guns you and Dale use or grab most often? Finish, internals, caliber, standard or bull barrel, etc. and any other specs you want to give?

Thanks, Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Yep, that is a great question, never would have thought to ask the builder what he preferred.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Excellent question, I am curious also.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
What gun for the gun builder......

Well, you guys may be surprised to know that I don't have one of my own yet! :bawling: Bob doesn't either (that I know of):eek:. We've been kinda busy building for all of you!!

I guess if I had to choose it would be our Bobtail in a 10mm. It would be a commander length, stainless frame and blue slide with adjustable Novaks. I think I would have all small parts blue also.

As for what I grab most often, that would be my beautiful wife!!:wink:

Have a great Easter everyone!! Spend time with your families and enjoy.

Dale.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
What!? That's like my friend who works at the Chevy dealership,but drives a Mustang! Just ain't right!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
What!? That's like my friend who works at the Chevy dealership,but drives a Mustang! Just ain't right!
Going by the 3 gm products I have owned I don't blame him.:)

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
What can I say...I love Trans Ams,but drive an F-150...

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Cmon Dale,

For a custom "you can build anything" gun, you wouldn't at least put a Damascus Steel slide and parts on one? (when I build one, that's what I'm going to do.

Stainless Fusion frame, Damascus slide,hammer & trigger and the rest your blued parts---- awesome gun IMO. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Don't forget the pics when you do it Tracy.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
It'll be a while----Ar-15 is next on the list, by BlackRifleWorks. But with Fusions good reports, they'll most likely be my builder. Or maybe a Fusion Kit with the above referenced parts. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hey, we'll be here......hopefully.:)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Interesting question indeed.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Right now we are so busy building others our fine pistols we have not had time to build one for ourselves. I handle and Shoot our Fusion Pistols just about everyday. I also have about 47 or so handguns so I have more than one for everyday of the month. Me and Dale will be building some personal pistols this year. This sounds like a great project to do a build along project with all of you here. Sound Like FUN!!:biglaugh:

I have 2 in mind, One would be a 10mm Hunter longslide, the other a Stainless 5 inch in 40 S&W and 10mm or a Tri-ops guns with 3 slide set-ups and calibers.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
a Tri-ops guns with 3 slide set-ups nd calibers.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Droooool!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
+1 on what gottripletsNC said. That would very cool to see.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I would love to watch photos of you guys building these guns. :notworthy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts