1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My regular shooting partner just acquired his 2nd Baer. He already stumbled into a killer deal on a used Stinger (some blue wear, but mechanically outstanding) when he called to say another acquaintance of ours had a like new TRS he wanted to use as trade material. My friend did the deal this morning trading off one of his S&W revos + some cash.

His new-to-him TRS came from the original owner, all accessories and papers, box, etc. Looked almost brand new, had roughly 1k rounds through it, "baerly" broken in (sorry, couldn't resist).

They were both doing the :dancingbananna: at their respective "new" guns. My buddy's TRS shoots almost as good as mine:wink:.

He fed it all kinds of ammo, even some very funky 200gr swc that were handloads from another guy we know. The first round was a little reluctant to feed from the mag but once it did they all went smoothly through.

It's good to have friends we can share the finer things in life with. Next time we go shooting I'll snap a pic.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice Wish all my friends had guns like that

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's really good to hear. Good friends, good food, good fun and good shootin'. What else is there?:gun;
Oh, I dunno... Perhaps an indoor range at Hooter's?:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Oh, I dunno... Perhaps an indoor range at Hooter's?:biggrin:
I'm all for it, they opened a hooters here. If it had a range it would be perfect.

Imagine the options for a shooting rest.:)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Sounds like a good deal all around, Doc.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I'm all for it, they opened a hooters here. If it had a range it would be perfect.

Imagine the options for a shooting rest.:)
Ya but I expect the accuracy would be out the window, couldn't concentrate on the target...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya but I expect the accuracy would be out the window, couldn't concentrate on the target...
Look at the upside though. It would be so much easier to focus on your front sight!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch so many comics out of work:wink:. To briefly get back to where we started, this is the same friend that just put on to the TDP I will be picking up in the next day or 2 depending on how healthy I am. Came home from a trip with a wicked cold & plugged up ears.

Ok back to the jokes...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks Doc'

Imagine the possibilities: Waitress, "What would you like boys?"

Us, "How about a round of shooters?"

·
Registered
62 Posts
This site is certainly a breath of fresh air over the anal competitors 1911 site...sure
glad to be here...and all my favorite contributors as well...will continue to learn a lot
here and have fun to boot...Blessings....

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Shootin' at Hooters would be fun, but what about reloads? :wink:

Yup, back to the baaaaad jokes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.