1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
IMO they are a waste of money. I tried them and after 300 rds they were destroyed. If not picked up right away, they would lock up the gun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty much thought the same but wanted to be sure asking for other opinions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had them, but I did not fire enough ammo, to really test them. I got them for +P, but I got a. 20 pound recoil spring too.
That is probably my best bet for +P, a heavy recoil spring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They might be good for practice, but wear-out after 300+ rounds and are really expensive compared to what you get. I would not have one in a carry-gun except for practice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well as the one dissenting vote, I like them. I've put a lot more than 300 rds through mine and they are barely hurt. Of course I check them after every few hundred rounds and they last about 1000 tds or so before they start to look ratty/tatty and get replaced. Realistically they probably could go another 500 rds or more, but why bother? Try them, if they don't work in your guns (and some guns don't seem to like them) or you don't like the feel (they change the reel of the recoil slightly) you can always pull them, I agree that some I've seen for sale have been in the "are you sheeting me?!" range, others more reasonably priced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts