1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the full size KZ? I see that some of you have the compact and like them. Do any of you have the full size? They are pretty reasonably priced (for a Wilson). Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. I have the opportunity to make a trade for one that has hardly any rounds through it. I have held one and it a deeper in the grip than I would prefer, but it looks like a great buy for higher capacity 1911/hybrid setup.

I sent an email to Robar about whether a grip reduction could be done on a KZ.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would you be trading? Let us know if and what Robar says. If these guns are as accurate as the other Wilson 1911s they are a good deal. However, when you think of it as a polymer framed pistol they are pretty spendy as such.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is what Robar said:
In looking at pictures of the KZ-45 it does not look like we could do a reduction due to the mainspring running the length of the backstrap. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Bill Nolan

Robar Customer Service
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would be trading two Saiga 12 shotguns NIB...but after looking at a couple of KZs today, and finding out that the grip can't be reduced, I think I am going to pass

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had some sharper edges than I would have preferred for a carry weapon, but other than that and the grip, it seems like a good fit if that is a niche you are looking to fill. And, it seems that their true value for slightly used is in the 8-950 range....not too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.