1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were supposed to get 6"-8" of snow last night. I'm all psyched to go sledding, take the day off work, and play with my son outside! Throw snowballs at the dogs! Even make a giant snow Obama sculpture*!

It didn't snow for jack squat. I can still see my grass. At least I got the day off work but with no snow to play in. :(

*Political commentary. As it melts, it will show that he buckles when the heat is on.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
We have a boatload of ice here today, trees heavy with it looks to be thick everywhere. Freezing rain still coming down, icesicles everywhere. The streets look VERY slick with thick ice.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah,the other day it was the coldest it's been here since 2004. Could it be that Gore and Obama have fibbed to me? Nah....

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Same here. Same temp. 36 right now, only heavy mist, & one of the small school districts announced closed yesterday evening & now is scranbling to "reopen".:rofl:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Woke up this morning to what looks to be 12'' or more of fresh, powder snow!

According to the Intellicast weather radar, it looks as if the Mississippi-Ohio river basin was the dividing line. Northeren Ark., Mizzou, most of Ill, and Ind, Mich,and Ohio and the NorthEastern States got the most.

I guess I didn't get gyped!:biggrin:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Woke up this morning to the same thing, we got about 6". I had to go to work and take care of a few things, now I get to play outside!

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
We got mostly sleet here. It started about 7pm monday night and didn't stop sleeting until about 8pm tuesday night. Then it started snowing and stoped sometime Wednesday morning. Overall about 4 inches of sleet topped off with about 3 inches or so of snow. My daughter and I played in it both days. Nothing like sleding down the hill covered with sleet and it still coming down to make one wonder how am I/we going to get back up to the house?:rofl::biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am glad you had fun w/ your son. That used to look like fun to me too but since cancer surgery & new knee installed it just looks COLD to me.
Have fun.:wavey:
LT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.