1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 1911 that will be used for protecting my home. Problem that I have encountered is the slide! Some slides are very hard to pull back because some 1911's are more tightly put together than others.
Can anyone here recommend a 1911 that is not as tightly put together and still reliable? Semper Fi Till The Day I Die! Thank-You!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a 1911 that will be used for protecting my home. Problem that I have encountered is the slide! Some slides are very hard to pull back because some 1911's are more tightly put together than others.
Can anyone here recommend a 1911 that is not as tightly put together and still reliable? Semper Fi Till The Day I Die! Thank-You!
Take a look at Springfield's Range Officer Elite Champion, 9MM. If anything, it is a little too easy, snappy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the piston of the correct 1911 and the Browning? The latter is a wrap around barrel design and while not the first to do so (The Hi-Power) in the '40s or the first 1911s (Browning Firearms) made after the 1900s? No, the first one? Their is the Colt 1911 and it is because of these qualities that have made it the most popular and reliable 1911 in the US for over 60 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
STI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try manually cocking the hammer (keep your finger off the trigger!) makes the gun much easier to pull the slide back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts