1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill Announce my order of a Fusion!

I actually had bob put a kit together for me.

Stainless tactical frame.
Stainless 5" slide
Match trigger
Novak adjustable rear with tritium front sight
and all the other stainless goodies to make it complete.

10mm of course! Im really hoping that building and owning this pistol will fill the empty void in my life after I sold my pointman 7 in 10mm.

Of course Ill ask bob his opinion, but since im typing.... What should I color this thing and what with? I really like the look of stainless and really like the metal for Alaskan weather but after looking at some of those black beuties on fusions website I like them alot also.

I just ordered some duracoat, but I have heard some negatives and now Im hesitant about putting it on this pistol.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Ask Mr. Serva about his experience with Duracoat.

I would go for a hard finish of some kind.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
I have a ton of it too, but I am about to use it on some shotguns and other assorted doo dads I have laying around...

There is nothing wrong with using it, it just does not wear as well as some of the other available finishes.

I want mine to last forever on my Fusions...

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
*sigh*

Everyone's getting a Fusion but me. Oh well,the ol' homestead takes priority over more boom-boom sticks.

IwillnotsellmyKimberIwillnotsellmyKimberIwillnotsellmyKimber...:plugears:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
For Coatings I would suggest our New Yukon Coat. I have not been a big fan of most coatings because they are a substantial cost and I don't feel the customer is getting his money's worth. But, Our New Yukon Coat has tested very good and I feel good about offering it.
Thanks again for all your support,
Bob
Fusion
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
For Coatings I would suggest our New Yukon Coat. I have not been a big fan of most coatings because they are a substantial cost and I don't feel the customer is getting his money's worth. But, Our New Yukon Coat has tested very good and I feel good about offering it.
Bob
Fusion
When are we going to hear more about the coating?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stainless Guns

Bob
Fusion
Hi bob;
Can you get the fusion's in stainless steel.
JOHN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.