1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much scrimping and saving and looking and pricing, I finally brought my RIA Compact home today !! YAY all I can is I LIKE IT A LOT :dancingbananna: stopped on the way home at my shooting spot and put 2 mags through it (I am not going to make any decisions till i get 500 rnds through her cause i am betting that was what caused my 1 failure to return to battery and 1 failure to lock the slide back ) Its been a while since i have shot centerfire and i forgot how dang LOUD they are ( next time i go out i WILL be prepared with ear plugs or muffs ) she isnt anything unusual just a compact with the gi sights but she's MINE ...MINE ALL MINE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
anyway gonna go snap a few pics and then when the wife gets home (shes the smart one ) she can show me how to upload em so yous guys can stop with the THIS IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS ...POST SOME PICS YA BUM type things . just so dang happy had to tell the world ...or at least the board

Travis

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok pics of the RIA ...and a friend

the only reason i post the friend is because the grips are some i just made for her and i just wanted to share :redface:

hope this works and hope you guys enjoy 'em

thanks
Travis

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well you never know about grips for right now i really dont mind whats on it ...buuuuuuuut that being said there are A LOT of really nice grips out there and as you can see on the mkIII I'm kinda likin makin em my self ...that doesnt mean i wont buy a nice pair from someone if i like em and the price is right ...i've seen sarges work and its real nice but i havent even got the gun broke in yet lol

GIMMAH TIME dangit!!

thanks
travis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey folks, newbie to 1911s here. I've always wanted a 1911 and thought this Rock Compact would be a good choice. I can't comment on the performance as I have yet to put a single round through it. After getting it to it's new home, I thought it looked a little dry so I decided to field strip and oil it.......... That's when I realized it doesn't have the bushing at the end of the barrel and I have NO idea how to disassemble this thing. I haven't found any info online, so I came here for help. Can anyone point my to the directions?

Have pic but cant figure how to post it.

Thanks

Wallace

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't own a RIA Compact nor have I taken one apart but I will try to help.

Have you tried removing the slide stop then sliding the slide assy. off of the frame? After that you may be able to remove the recoil guide and spring by lifting it off of the barrel and then pulling it away from the muzzle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
then

you get a paper clip and bend the end 90 degree's.

push in on the guide rod from the receiver end till you see the hole.

put the clip in the hole and then pull the quide rod out. then pull the barrel out.

steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an update; I made it to the range and I couldnt get it to chamber a round. Hmm bad mag.? Tried a different mag., same issue. I went back to the shop and was told it could be the ammo. (Gold Dot JHP). They didnt have another one in stock so I just exchanged it for another brand. So my first try at 1911 ownership didnt last very long, I'll have to try again later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine for about 2 years, and have not had any problem with it! It takes ball and JHP without a hiccup, and shoots dead on. I've had a some custom work done to it, but just enhance the comfort level. Haven't touched anything on the inside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.