1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me about this gun and show some pics if you have them. I don't know much about Para's but love the look of this gun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
guy at other gun forum I frequent got one.
Sad to report his were worst Jam-o-matic(last i heard) with HP ammo.
And don't even feed FMJ that well.
I know he sent it back through dealer. Haven't heard anything about it since then

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine was a single shot with a large ammo storage area in grip.
I would strongly suggest the new Colt Agent or Colt Defender . Couple less rounds but they work. I have both and love them Both also feel better in my hand . Colt also isn't a cast pistol like Para.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've shot Springfield EMP while ago, and i liked it alot. It was well made, flowless little shooter. I say take look at it if you can

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Mine was a single shot with a large ammo storage area in grip.

I bought a Warthog when they first came out, and it was the same as above. I traded it in on a Remington 7600 30-06.
The Warthog does have a nice mean look about it...but in my experience, they just dont run very well.

I've been eyeballing the EMP myself (for my wife).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2 friends that own warthogs and they carry them daily.
They have worked from day one with no FTFs or FTEs. They run just fine.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Michael, which do you like better? The New Agent or the Defender?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a NiteHawg when they first came out.

The gun ran great, but the finish didn't last long, after 3 months it looked like I had carried it for 10 years in a sand paper lined holster....OK it wasn't that bad, but you know what I mean.

I eventually sold it off, for me the double stack just doesn't do it for me in 1911s.

Oh, spare mags will run you $49.00 a piece from the factory, $55? from Brownells, and don't even bother with the Promag magazines.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am very interested in this thread. A female friend is very interested in one and loves the look and feel. For her sake, I hope the reviews here improve. What concerns me most is, since I will be financier, sanitation and maintenence engineer on the thing, it better be a runner.

Since I love worn looking pistols, the finish concerns be not at all.

A range buddy of mine has one and carries it a lot. His runs great, but it's still only one gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got one and it is my daily carry gun. Except for being a little picky of what ammo it likes, (Hornady Custom 200gr XTP, NOT +P, works great), it is a great shooter. My wife carries one daily. She loves hers so much she made me refinish it as one of her Christmas presents. She now carries a Pepto 45. See the picture thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my warthog. It feeds everything to me. You have to lube it quite a bit, but I have over 1500 rounds through mine and it only ever jammed on me when I didn't lube it well enough, and at that only about 4 times in the same shooting session. I trust my life to it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had mine 10+ years now, daily carry as LEO BUG for 4 yrs(with 4-50rd full power +P JHP Duty ammo quals a year). The finish is a bit worn, but it never failed to work with any ammo I fed it ever!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I shot one a few weeks back let me say except having a little heavy trigger pull the gun ran excellent with Ball ammo.
12 yards two hand hold unsupported one hole group

1 - 17 of 17 Posts