Veteran new member | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Veteran new member

Discussion in 'Military, Veterans and LEO' started by Recon74, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Recon74

Recon74 New Member

I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to shout out. Yes I would go back in, if I could.
    I joined the Army in 1968, half wat through basic and they found out I was 16. Gave me an Honorable and kicked me out. Joined again when I turned 18, 1970, went into aircraft maintenance. Sent To SEA at a place called Phu Loi 74th Recon 71 to 72 crew chief on bird dog. I did get to do a lot of flying with over 200 hrs logged actual stick time. Our unit was stood down and I had just reenlisted so I got sent to Ft. Carson Colorado, there my MOS had an over abundance so I was given my choice of either stockade guard or down range patrol with the MP’s I chose that. I got out in 1976 but I found out that my senior trip to SEA in the Mecong delta III Core gave me a gift that just keeps on giving, Cancer from Agent Orange. But while with the MP’s is where I fell in love with the 1911.

I want to thank all of those who chose to serve and help protect our country and those that continue to do so to this day!

there is no greater sacrifice then protecting the country and the ones you love!

Super Trucker likes this.