1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday before heading to the Church office. Not completely off topic because we did make a trip to the range & made 2 gun shows.
Week of vacation w/ son last week. He retired from USAF & had seremonies Friday.
Tuesday was get there, visit, hug grandkids, He had last out processing paper work to do.
Wednesday was range day. Shoot w/ him, grandson, Wife & Mom. Four generations of shooters on the line at the same time. That was a great time. 5 shooters, 3hrs & 1000 rds. The 4 generations ages were Mom - 77, Me & wife - 58, Son - 37, Grandson 14.
Home & cleaned 5 hand guns while the ladies cooked.
Thursday was whole family started showing up. Visit, men tended kids while the ladies went shopping. We did work around the place getting ready for big outdoor feed.
Friday the Ceramoney. Man it was awsome. Presented the Ladies w/ flowers, me a shadow box w/ Texas Flag folded & US Flag folded above that. US Flag flew over Lackland on his 20yr aniversary of his enlistment & Texas flag over Alamo the same day. Right side of the flags all his decor & on the left side what we have of my Dads from WWll.
Saturday morning was 2 gun shows. Son got a Walther P22, Son in Law a stock for his 10/22, & bought ammo. Early afternoon was a big fish fry & then to the ball game. San Antonio Missions played & won. I am no real BB fan so that is the best report I can give. Forgot who they played.
Sunday tired, Church & headed home about 3:00.
It was a great time & now back to work.:flag::flag:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you had a great time. Congrats on your sons retirement, where is he going to work now?
We did indeed have a great time. He is working on a deal w/ Blackwater, training some of their men. Blackwater had their Rep at the Ceramoney too. Got to meet & visit w/ him too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.