1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Usernames

19K views 117 replies 63 participants last post by  fiddletown 
#1 ·
Figured why not find out what people's username mean if anything at all.

I'm from NC, and I have triplets, three beautiful girls 4 1/2 years old.

#2 ·
Man, have you got your hands full!!!:smile:

My username is the Auto Mag pistols that I collect!:smile: I do shoot one of them at times as the other is unfired but a broken bolt results in about $1000.00 that is if you can even find one!!!:eek::eek:

#3 ·
Ridgerunner is a term used to describe those old mountain men that were running moonshine through the hills here in Northeast Tennessee. My Grandfather was one of those old mountain men.
I grew up with my Grandparents...Dad drove a truck and Mom wasnt around, so the apple didnt fall far from the tree.
I dont run any shine anymore, I have straightened up and got a real job, thanks to meeting a wonderful lady who was worth the change.
But I do still have the mule I used to carry supplies to my still...heres a pic...he's a good hunting mule too...fences are no obstacle to him...

I'm pleading the 5th on whether or not the still is still there.

Hope nobody thinks too bad of me for this...but you asked...and I told you the truth.

I'm a HILLBILLY and proud of it.

#4 · (Edited)
Automag, don't you have two 44s and two 357 automags? or was it some other caliber?

Ridgerunner, nothing wrong with being a hillbilly at all. No need to be ashamed, moonshiners used that years ago as a way to support their families, illegal or not, its a southern heritage. Key thing is you've moved on to bigger and better things.

Scratch that Automag, I just saw another post where you said what you had. two 22's, I bet they are fun to shoot, and probably very accurate.

#5 ·
moonshiners used that years ago as a way to support their families, illegal or not, its a southern heritage.
Most people dont realize that.

I'm not ashamed...but some LEO's are kinda anal about lawbreakers.

EDIT: the ironic thing about it is that one of my best buddies at the range (the owner actually) is retired ATF.

#11 ·
I don't think I have to explain what mine means. The frito bandito I always liked, so I use him as my avatar.

#12 ·
I own a 72 Ford Bronco with 79k ,all original except hoses,plugs,4 tires on the ground (spare never been used ) ,no rust or dents. Everywhere I go someone tries to buy it (not driven often) and some stop by trying to buy. Sometimes I think I'm crazy because I've turned down some good offers when the money could have been well used. Also some insulting offers.

#13 ·
I started reloading many moons ago, using a Lee Pro 1000. My first caliber to reload was 357mag. I accumulated more guns and 4 more Lee Pro 1000's. I did like those presses, even though they required attention. When I signed up for my first gun related forum I had just finished a reloading session, in which I had to take off my shoe to remove a stray spent primer (those Lee Pro 1000's didn't always catch the spent primers). Well, I tried to think up a name gun/reloading related and that's what I came up with. Now those Lee's are gone, replaced with a Dillon XL650 with all the bells and whistles. Life is good.

#14 ·
I guess my username isn`t all that creative and doesn`t have anything to do with my love of guns and shooting.....ms are my initials. jdgman stands for my other passion....John Deere 2 cylinder tractors...and specifically the model G. I grew up farming with these historical pieces of iron, and even though I no longer farm, I thoroughly enjoy collecting and showing the darned things. At last count, between my father and I we have 15 or 16 of them. We both belong to a local club and it seems like there is some sort of activity being planned for or going on nearly every weekend of the spring/summer/fall. It seems as though I don`t have enough time anymore to accomodate both of my hobbies, but I try!:biggrin:

#15 ·
Just an old cartoon freak I guess. The sixties had a lot to offer when it came to kid humor with adult overtones.

G
#16 ·
My name is just a goofy nickname my father's old frat buddy thought up for my when I was a kid. Long story short, it stuck. And I'm not going to pretend I'm above the old Wile E. cartoons, whenever I see one on I just can't bring myself to flip over to ESPN until it's over.

Fitting name for the most part, too, because things work out the way I planned just about as often as they did for the real Mr. Coyote.

#17 ·
When I got my first computer, you had to sign up for internet service as well to get the BIG discount. Since I had never had a computer or internet I had to come up with a username. My wife suggested this: tsp (Tracy Scott Peterson, and of course the only caliber that matters (to me anyway).

tsp45acp! That's me Tracy

P.S.-- I started this same thread on a diff 1911 site. Got a lot of responses. Hope this does too.

#19 ·
Kansas--- THAT'S GREAT! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. Tracy

#23 ·
Pappy, because when I was young, I had a Pappy and Mammy. All us kids did.

I don't hear the terms used anymore.

I like the old ways.

Now, I am a grandfather of 5 grandchildren and when asked what I should be called, I replied "Pappy".
And so I'm their Pappy.

AS a side note, I say 30 aught 6. Today it's 30 oh 6.
Todays cars are oh 3, oh 4 etc.
When asked what year truck I have, I say "aught 4". I get funny looks......:thinking:

#24 · (Edited)
QCATrader

I spend most of my life in an area called the Quad City Area - Rock Island IL, Moine IL (home of John Deere!), Davenport IA and Bettendorf IA, etc and I'm always buying, selling or trading something! That's also my handle on GunBroker.com and ebay.

I know I can't afford to own all the guns I want, but I figure I can own most of them at one time or another!

USAF Vet, Retired Software Consultant and Arizona Winter Snowbird. Oh, and Stage 3 Cancer Survivor! Same wife for 43 years, couple of kids and one granddaughter - live is good and every day is a celebration

:flag:​

#25 ·
QCATrader, cancer survivor, man what an accomplishment!!! Good for you my friend. I am happy to here that!!! Cancer is a word that no one wants to ever hear but unfortunately that is the way of life!!! I am glad that you are over it!!!:):) Congrats on your long marriage, kids and granddaughter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.