1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 118 Posts
Pappy, because when I was young, I had a Pappy and Mammy. All us kids did.

I don't hear the terms used anymore.

I like the old ways.

Now, I am a grandfather of 5 grandchildren and when asked what I should be called, I replied "Pappy".
And so I'm their Pappy.

AS a side note, I say 30 aught 6. Today it's 30 oh 6.
Todays cars are oh 3, oh 4 etc.
When asked what year truck I have, I say "aught 4". I get funny looks......:thinking:

QCATrader

I spend most of my life in an area called the Quad City Area - Rock Island IL, Moine IL (home of John Deere!), Davenport IA and Bettendorf IA, etc and I'm always buying, selling or trading something! That's also my handle on GunBroker.com and ebay.

I know I can't afford to own all the guns I want, but I figure I can own most of them at one time or another!

USAF Vet, Retired Software Consultant and Arizona Winter Snowbird. Oh, and Stage 3 Cancer Survivor! Same wife for 43 years, couple of kids and one granddaughter - live is good and every day is a celebration

:flag:​

QCATrader, cancer survivor, man what an accomplishment!!! Good for you my friend. I am happy to here that!!! Cancer is a word that no one wants to ever hear but unfortunately that is the way of life!!! I am glad that you are over it!!!:):) Congrats on your long marriage, kids and granddaughter!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, but I'm just like you, walking my way through life, one step at a time...
That is true my friend!!! But you have "walked" farther than a lot of us will ever have to walk!!! That is the only way to take life, one step at a time!!!! Life, family and friends are much to important to rush by!!

QCATrader

I spend most of my life in an area called the Quad City Area - Rock Island IL, Moine IL (home of John Deere!), Davenport IA and Bettendorf IA, etc and I'm always buying, selling or trading something! That's also my handle on GunBroker.com and ebay.

I know I can't afford to own all the guns I want, but I figure I can own most of them at one time or another!

USAF Vet, Retired Software Consultant and Arizona Winter Snowbird. Oh, and Stage 3 Cancer Survivor! Same wife for 43 years, couple of kids and one granddaughter - live is good and every day is a celebration

:flag:​

I salute you and you are right every is a celebration, When you come to AZ. you let me know we will go shooting brother.God bless you!

I'm a hick from No Dak that moved quite a bit growing up and college, and when I was a kid one of the TV stations showed the old Lone Ranger shows.

The EL is my initials. The Cruiser is what I was until forced off the water by my wifes multiple sclerosis. We had twelve years of doing itinerant wooden boat work and travel. I'd do a job like a yacht interior or a wooden boat restoration then we'd go sailing for a while. Lived aboard and raised our son. Sold the boat to him and he's still on board. After six years of the mainland and total culture shock we're refitting a smaller sailboat to live on again with an eye towards her limitations.

The EL is my initials. The Cruiser is what I was until forced off the water by my wifes multiple sclerosis. We had twelve years of doing itinerant wooden boat work and travel. I'd do a job like a yacht interior or a wooden boat restoration then we'd go sailing for a while. Lived aboard and raised our son. Sold the boat to him and he's still on board. After six years of the mainland and total culture shock we're refitting a smaller sailboat to live on again with an eye towards her limitations.
Congratulations on the new sailboat and the giant step forward. That's what life is all about!

User Names

From my days when I shot NRA Highpower Rifle Competition.
Shooting iron sights at 200, 300 and 600 yards (offhand, sitting & prone) taught me a few things about marksmanship..... :shades

21 - 40 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.