1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between two pistols for my next purchase and could use a push in one direction if anyone is familiar with the following guns. A Baretta 90 two, or a CZ97B. Both in 45acp. I have considered the Glock also but have a hard time getting past the boxy look. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I've heard good things about the CZ's, but I was not aware that the 90 Two came in 45, I thought that was specifically a 9mm

·
Registered
747 Posts
I was also not aware that the 90 two came in .45acp. I held one a while back and liked it a lot. The CZ is also a great gun. You will probably be very happy with your choice either way. If you like them about the same, and they both feel good in your hand, just buy the one that is less expensive. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The only drawback that I have heard about the CZ97B, is the breakage of their "crown-type" barrel bushings. Other than that, they seem to be great pistols. I would personally lean toward the CZ. Their ergonomics are top notch, they soak up recoil to beat the band, and the frames are extremely well made.

If you don't mind paying less for a decent product, you could always buy a Tanfoglio Witness Match in .45 ACP. These pistols sport a 12-round magazine, shoot VERY well, and cost quite a bit less than the CZ97B.

Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the response. I was just at the Fort Myers Florida gun show and was checking out the 90 two, but didn't really want the the 9mm. Before i go on I have to admit I made a mistake saying it was a 45 acp. It also comes in a .40 S&W which I was more interested in. It seems the overall opinion is for the CZ which will be my choice. I didn't have the opportunity to hold the CZ, which I will do before purchasing. I have to admit that the 90 two,will also be on my purchase list at a later date, It felt very comfortable in my grip and I have heard nothing bad on its performance. Below is from the Baretta site.
90two Type F, G 9mmx19 10, 15, 17 Single/Double 216/8.5 125/4.9 38/1.5 140/5.5 163/6.4 920/32.5
90two Type F, G .40 S&W 10, 12 Single/Double 216/8.5 125/4.9 38/1.5 140/5.5 163/6.4 920/32.5
Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As you might tell, I'm a big CZ fan. The 97 is great gun; Soldier of Fortune named it the best non-1911 .45 pistol being made today. The only draw back is the size. Before buying, make sure it fits your hand, it is one big gun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.