1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupidity hits close to home...I'm only 74 miles from Knoxville...

Two Shot in Dispute Over Tab at Hooters AP
Posted: 2007-12-29 11:50:55
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (Dec. 29) - Authorities in Tennessee are searching for a man who shot two people when he opened fire outside a Hooters restaurant.

Police say the customer fired several shots into the Hooters restaurant in Knoxville after getting into a disagreement over a tab he was refusing to pay.

Police say after managers asked the man to leave, the suspect went outside and started firing shots from a .40-caliber handgun at the building.

A manager and a customer leaving the restaurant were wounded and are in critical condition at a local hospital.

The shooting happened just after midnight, local time.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Wanna bet he's been drinking? Violates a couple of gun rules if I'm right.:frown: Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Doesn't make it any better, but maybe he left his gun in the car. And was obeying the rules. We have open carry here, and the extremely few times I have gone to a bar/restaurant that has alcohol, I leave it in the car. I don't put it on (which would be a violation of consuming alcohol and concealed carry), but I have it in the car which is a thin line for being in violation. Then he went to get it. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
He probably had a few...but still...its stupid.

I like to have a few beers and a even a few sips of "shine" (and sometimes a few too many of both) when I'm out riding my mule, but I have never, even for 1 second, thought about doing anything like that. I never go out on the town drinking...I prefer the hills. After the last time I took Henry (my mule) to the local bar...my wife wont let me go anymore. I passed out on the way home...I had him hitched to the wagon...we made it home fine, the local LEO's told my wife Henry even stopped at the red light ( they followed me to make sure we made it OK)...needless to say that wasnt his first trip there...but it may well be his last:biggrin:

Small towns...ya gotta love em.

EDIT: I do carry when I'm up in the hills...but I just dont have it in me to do something like that guy did...no matter the reason.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Ridge,

That is sooooooo cool.:cool: Tracy

G

·
I need to get an animal that can do that! Now that's a useful pet trick. It would probably be tough to find a crevice in a mule where I could leave my CCW while in the bar, though.... at least, one that wouldn't make the gun smell horrible.... :biggrin::nuts::eek:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Friggin nuts out there are going to be our undoing. And my mother in law thinks I`m nuts for carrying. She had the audacity to say I was bragging about my CPL since I was packing x-mas eve...I had to stop at a local grocery on the way to her house. While I am certainly no racist...the store is known locally as the 3rd world...there are stabbings and shootings all the time there. I refuse to become a statistic!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
:eek: That's just great! An idiot/looser shooting into a crowded restaurant... over a bar tab!:crazy:
Wait till the Anti's hear about this one! They'll be throwing this in our face for quite a while!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.