1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just told me that he, in turn heard from a friend that the Baer TRS is a limited run gun. Is this true? The info is highly suspect, as it came from a friend of a friend, but it still somehow has me biting my nails to the quick. :eek::eek::eek: Has anyone heard anything on this? I'd always figured that the TRS was a perminant part of Baer's catalog.... hell, it's the second highest seller next to the Premier II!

Hurry, someone reassure me! If the TRS isn't here to stay.... life has no meaning.... :bawling:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I think les has been making a TRS since before 2000 or so i would say its ok

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Phew, good. I was hyperventilating there for a sec. ;) I figured it wasn't a limited run, because as I understand it Thunder Ranch is like Gunsite and will go on even after Clint retires, and Les Baer Custom will be handed down to LB Jr. when Les retires, which makes it look like the TRS will be around indefinately. Good to know!

·
Registered
60 Posts
This rumor has been going on for a few years now.........LB earlier this year produced number 3000 TRS, American Handgunner gave it away in drawing. It is my understanding the TRS is either the number 2 or 3 seller for LB, limited run?? I don't think so.

Gunner

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah, it's a limited run. IIRC, they're limiting it to something like 100,000?:biglaugh:

Seriously though, anytime there are two parties involved, there are two masters to be served and that can get dicy. In the case of the TRS, it's been a tremendous win-win for both. No doubt that TR's reputation helped Les sell guns early on. However, in the ensuing years, I think that the quality and toughness of the guns have brought a great deal of new attention to TR. If Im not mistaken, the TR has outpaced even the Colt's Gunsite model. Last one I saw was well into the 4000's.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Baer TRS is a limited run gun. Is this true?
YEP!

And Colt is out of business and the 9mm is just as good as the .45ACP. :biglaugh:

:wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, here's another question:
Do you think that even after Les and Clint are gone the TRS guns will still be made by Baer's company, kind of like how the Gunsite pistols are still made after the death of Col. Cooper, or do you think that'll be the end of the TRS?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Hard to say .. Might be made might not ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that's why I wondered. With the Gunsite pistol I thought that it was obvious that it would be discontinued and it wasn't. Now I don't know how the TRS would be taken out of the catalogs, but, as illustrated, I've been wrong before.... that's why I asked you guys.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Well The Gunsite went from Colt to Smith .. which is odd to me but i don't run Gunsite

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, wouldn't have guessed the TRS would be quite that high in volume. Based on that alone, you'd think the gun would survive. It would be kind of interesting to know what the licensing / royalty arrangement is.................or more importantly, the length of the contract.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yes it would Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So where do you think I could find that out? It doesn't really matter that much to me, but now Bill had to go and spark my curiosity....

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
you probley wont Kyle only Les Baer and Clint would probley know and i wouldn't bet on them talking

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
As well as they are selling i Don't think they will stop anytime soon .. I mean Hell i ordered my Second one all ready

·
Registered
155 Posts
When things are selling like these, I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it. Those kinds of deals have a way of going on. Thunder Ranch is a brand. Baer is a brand and a product. That's a great marriage, that likely benefits both. There's a hundred way to configure these deals and even more ways of slicing the pie.

I think the details of their agreement(s) may change at some point, but I doubt it's anything the consumer will ever know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It would be kind of interesting to know what the licensing / royalty arrangement is.................or more importantly, the length of the contract.
Actually, I could find that out...

But, I would be sworn to secrecy, under penalty of dismemberment, banishing, or (probably) death. So, I couldn't tell you. If I did, you'd all be under the same pinky swear as me and there is at least one of you guys I'm not sure I could trust. OD*? You reading this? :wink:

Seriously, Les and Clint are around the same age. Both live about the same lifestyle, so it's anyone's guess who's gonna die first. I'd bet on them both staying on this project, in perpetuity.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts