1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trigger on my new DW Valor has a lot of take up in the trigger pull, a little spongey. Is there a easy/simple fix for this??? I really don't want to spend money on sending it to a gunsmith or back to DW nor buy a C&S drop in kit. The trigger is pull is pretty decent, I just don't like all the take up in it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Adjust the Trigger as said above but remember it can void your warranty

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Gunner,

No offense, but are you familiar with how to detail strip a 1911? In order to find out if your trigger has those tabs, and to bend them if they're present, the trigger must be removed from the frame.

The tab issue can cover the take-up problem, but the "spongy" problem will (probably) require some trigger bow, disconnector, sear & hammer hook polishing. Probably something a novice should not attempt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't detailed stripped it yet, so I do not know if the trigger has the tabs or not.

No offense taken Rod.....while I am no 1911 expert I do know how to detail strip a 1911 and can do minor repairs myself. Having said that I don't want to mess up the current trigger pull just eliminate the excessive take up in the trigger due to wanting to carry the Valor as a CCW gun, don't need a lawyer claiming I lightened the trigger to kill his client : (

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
To make the trigger pull better just go down and install a 19 LBS mainspring and adjust your Trigger reset screw on the trigger to take up most of the creep. Also when doing a trigger jog the first 2 legs on the sear spring are bent to your liking. This should not void any warr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.