1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have one. Bought in 1994. I'm probably the second owner. Bomar sights and FLGR were on it when I got it with a comp trigger. Right now it's being refinished, bobtailed, hand checkered to 25LPI, re-sighted with Novaks Night Sights and fresh springs as the final touch. Of course I'll post pics when I get it back from the 'smith. Here's a before:

Does anyone have one of these relics of the '90s? By the way, I've never had a problem with it that wasn't attributed to poor magazines. It loves Federal Hydroshoks. With these I mainly get around 1.5" groups.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I agree its looking good didn't even know they made a 10mm

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Whats the Return after the Bluing ... I hate waiting myself

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am really curious as to what she looks like, but man.............I just don't know that I could have brought myself to re-finishing her. I liken' it to an A10.............slow,......butt ugly.........but no matter what an A10 points it's nose at.......when it does...it dies! Period. No exceptions. Therefore.....A10=Absolute Beauty. So when a gun looks tired,but still runs and plays hard..........A10.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good NEWS!! It's finished!!!! Bad news, my 'smith is so finicky I can't have it until he runs it through his reliablity test :(

I like this guy! I know, pics, but no camera with me at the time. BUT, She looks amazing! Monday for sure :)

Update: PICS PICS PICS

Jimmy at A&P Arms and Gunsmithing in Virginia Beach did the honors. I am very pleased to have an old friend spruced up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This thing is pure EVIL! I hit five consectutive 2" groups today with five rounds each. Thought I was doing pretty darn good, that is, until my buddy shot three 1" groups with it. Oh well, what can you do but buy more ammo and practice! :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
`Es pretty goooooooooood! Looks real,real nice there Collin. Is the FLG stock or your idea. Come on Col, I know you can get us some better pics than that.OK, 1 and 4 are cool,but 2 and 3 are nowhere near what you normally do.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It's looking really sharp there pard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.