1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thompson/Khar 1911, the other "brand" Made in USA

Just bought a Thompson/Khar Auto-ordnance 1911 WWII copy and love it. Changed the trigger and hammer along with grip safety to Brownell parts. Changed the sere and went from 7 lbs pull to less than 5. All parts polished and works flawlessly. Can't post any pics because this forum only allows micro-dot pictures of less than 3MP. And my camera can't go that small, nor my phone camera. Paid $550 for it NIB.

· Registered
500 Posts
They had one of those at the Gander Mountain in Tuscaloosa when I was up there last month. Looked very interesting. Look forward to a range report.

Reactions: Ratfink

· Registered
500 Posts
Are those the factory grips? Can't tell a whole lot from the pic but it looks good from what I can tell.

· Registered
29 Posts
I've got an AO and it's a great shooter. I was able tune the trigger down to just over 3 lbs with the factory sear. I did change out the sear spring but that was all I needed to change. With my RI I had to change all of the internals to Wilson Combat to accomplish the same thing.

· Registered
29 Posts
I've had an AO 1911 for some time. Other than the sights it's a great gun. I use it as a range/comp gun and was able to tune the trigger to 31/2 lbs without changing any of the internals. Can't say that about a RI, had to change all of the internals on that one.
Did change the trigger but that was mostly for looks not function.
Needless to say I also changed the sights with a nice set of Dawson Precision sights, also the grips, but again for the visual only.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

· Registered
29 Posts
I've got the AO and did a trigger job down to 3.5 lbs, I don't use it for carry. I found that the internals were good enough to work with and didn't need to change anything. I think that is saying a lot for the quality of the pistol. On my RI's I had to change all of the internals to get the trigger to where I wanted it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.