1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shall be dedicated to any type Match shooters if it is IDPA, Steel, IPSC, down to bowling pins questions and answers. I feel we have many of shooters here that dabble in Matches and we all can ask questions and give out hints we have learned over the years.
S/F Vic

·
Registered
74 Posts
So................................anybody?:confused:
I started a couple of years ago with a few USPSA & TSA matches. I find them both to be lot of fun & good way to use my pistols other than just plinking away at the range. I think I'll try some indoor IDPA matches at the range in Wichita after the first of the year. :gun1:

·
Registered
74 Posts
A Ha! There IS someone else that likes to run with guns! :biggrin:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
And scissors and knives too. :wink: I've done all the diff run & gun disciplines. Not very good at it, but still like pins the best. Tracy

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just took the RO class from Mr Overlay. There's a recent move afoot to begin calling USPSA for what it is, and not using the term "IPSC". I think the 'powers that be' are wanting to promote the US region of IPSC as a stand alone entity.
Sounds like a good idea to me. It's just a mouthful to say when you're talking to someone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shall be dedicated to any type Match shooters if it is IDPA, Steel, IPSC, down to bowling pins questions and answers. I feel we have many of shooters here that dabble in Matches and we all can ask questions and give out hints we have learned over the years.
S/F Vic
Vic, don't forget us lonely few that shoot NRA Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). :wavey:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Kansas,

What's a TSA match? Thanks, Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Wish I was closer to Texas. For a lot of reasons! Thanks, Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Retired Rod,

Shot my first NRA Action shoot last month. Took the wrong gun and ammo. Prob finished last.:biglaugh: Took the Gunsite and my pin loads--+p 255 gr lswc'rs. OK for pins, but that 25yd plates did me in! A lot of fun. They don't shoot in Dec (4th Sat of the month), can't wait for Jan. Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yea, I missed A LOT (on the steel that is), but when I hit---it was with authority. Taking the comped longslide with same ammo next month. Most accurate gun I've ever shot. (When Dave Williams @ SA test fired it, he told me to shoot +P 185's to get the most out of it I just like heavy bullets!) Comp & longslide tames that 255 +P load. Muzzle raise les than an inch with each shot. Comes back hard in the hand, but not up. I'm not that great a shot, but I used to shoot pins at 30 yds with it and was too much slower than when I would shoot at 25'. Pins jump off the table with that combo. Tracy

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a .255 +P Pin load you bet them Pins jumped, no spinners for you Tracy. A Agree the 1911 was made for .230 grain I love the big fat slow bullets lol.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
When I first started using the 255's they were SLOW---chrono'd at 535fps. You could watch them go down range. (it was somebody else's chrono---I don't have one--wish I did) At +P these are "steppin out" a little bit.LOL!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Tracy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts