1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
I got my gun today, All I can say is Holy Crap What A GUN. The guy who did the transfer for me who has been selling guns for a long time said it was one if not the nicest .45's he had ever seen. He said it was as nice or nicer the the baers and the Rock Rivers he has had come through. I only regret that Bob did not send some business cards down with the gun, we had to resort to making photo copies. I hope he sees some business for the guys down here. Monday she will go to the range and we will see what she can do.

· Registered
116 Posts
Icecold, Yes, I have been using their list. My normal FFL is likely on the winter gun show circuit in the warmer SW states and, if like last year, he and his wife will be in Las Vegas in early Feb for the Shot Show. He was complaining last year that they allocated 2 days and it was not enough time.

So I started calling other Gunbroker FFL listings and visiting local gun shops. The local shops said they don't compete with their own merchandise. They did not have a single Fusion Longslide 10mm Traditional Hunter...not one. I am done with them forever. I called many Gunbroker listings that did not have the phone number working any more. Finally found one that also has a shooting range.

Cool, I can take oil, cleaning material, ammo and shoot it minutes after being approved!
Did those gunshops know it was a custom built gun? I am shocked when idiots stand in the way of you getting something you want. I can see them not wanting to transfer a springfield milspec when they have ten in thier case but a custom built 10mm longslide? I am sure they had a bunch of those in stock.
I was looking to buy a HK 93 a while back and asked a dealer about a transfer from one on gunbroker, he said "I would have to order the gun from him if I wanted it and he would get one from HK" So I promptly asked him if he was going to hop in his Delorian and power up to 1.21 gigawatts and hit 88 miles an hour and go back to 1989 (the last time they made and imported the HK 93) and order me one. Needless to say I found a new dealer

· Registered
116 Posts
Chuck, my interaction with the dealer was a little more drawn out then the short blurb I put up. When I told them they don't make them anymore he insisted they did and he would get one from HK. With that being said when they do a transfer they charge $65 for it. Of that money $5 goes to the state. I don't think making $60 on a gun that was not in your inventory is a bad thing. I would further go on to guess that the $60 is more then he would make if he sold one of his 10/22's that he had sitting around for the $200 he has to sell them at to keep up with Wal-Mart.

· Registered
116 Posts
No idea the weight but I would not want to use it as a carry. I am only 160 lbs and would not try to carry this. I use an HK p7 for that. Only problem with the gun is I shoot it to much at $15 a box of .45 it is getting expensive. I want to say my build was around 13 weeks or so, I changed the order that caused some of the backup. below you will find a copy of my range report. I am not sure where you are but if by chance it is in the tampa fl area send me a PM and I will let you put a box of ammo through it for yourself

http://1911auto.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1497

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.