1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my Python. Prices keep going up...

I had it reblued and meant to keep it as an heirloom,but I'm tempted to see what nibbles I can get. My advice to anyone else would be to keep it but the prices on Gunbroker are just nuts. Hmm...

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Have any pics? You know how I am about a deal. 4 inch or 6 inch barrel what kinda stuff do you want etc

·
Registered
82 Posts
...my Python. Prices keep going up...

I had it reblued and meant to keep it as an heirloom,but I'm tempted to see what nibbles I can get. My advice to anyone else would be to keep it but the prices on Gunbroker are just nuts. Hmm...
The dip will hurt it a good bit in it's resale. I would keep it, shoot it and love it. There are not many things that are as nice as a good Python trigger.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dip will hurt it a good bit in it's resale.
Yeah...but it really needed it. And I hadn't planned on selling it anyway. But you know what they say, everything's for sale for the right price.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a python I was thinking about putting up for trade so I had spent some time looking up prices. I found that those that were original with box and papers were crazy expensive, but I found that the prices for well used ones or non originals seemed to be stabilizing or going down a little. Mine doesn't have the original grips (pachmayr rubber with colt medallions instead) and I thought about getting a set just to increase potential trade/resale value.

It never hurts to put it up for sale on GB with a reserve and see how things go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a python I was thinking about putting up for trade so I had spent some time looking up prices. I found that those that were original with box and papers were crazy expensive, but I found that the prices for well used ones or non originals seemed to be stabilizing or going down a little. Mine doesn't have the original grips (pachmayr rubber with colt medallions instead) and I thought about getting a set just to increase potential trade/resale value.

It never hurts to put it up for sale on GB with a reserve and see how things go.

Very good points. I prefer mine to look like this.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.