1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have wanted a 1911 10mm semi-auto for some time but price and "stuff happens" has always stopped me. i am considering a trade for my S&W model 41 for a S&W model 1086. i have never cared much for the double action triggers on semi-autos, with the exception of my nephews Sig. any thoughts, comments, your opinions please.
one thing more, i do not shoot the 41 in any kind of match, it's a plinker to me

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, I know some live by the "never trade something you'll regret it" motto. To me, part of the fun of collecting guns is the ability to trade those that you no longer have a place for for something else. So while I don't have specific experience with those models you are suggesting, it sounds like a good chance to get your 10mm fix.

Best case scenario would be if you could get a chance to try out the trigger on a 1086 before taking the plunge though.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
If your 41 is in good shape, it is worth much more than the 1086 I think. MK

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
That was my thoughts. If you do not shoot the 41 you still should not take a beating on it. The 1086 owner should be willing to come up w/ some cash unless he is not really wanting the 41 either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 41 is worth a bit more and i want a 1911 10mm . another thing is, this model 41 was new in 1980 and it's had less than 300 rounds put through it. well , maybe after this past weekend it's up to 300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.