1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a pleasant afternoon with some shooting buddies (most of whom are veterans of the street & other unpleasant places) we lament that Colt doesn't offer a pre series 80 Commander (that would be Lightweight for those keeping score:wink:).

It's cool that the company has gone with offering the various military re-issues, the 5" series 70 guns but it would be outstanding if they brought back arguably the best concealed carry gun they ever offered.

I'm just sayin':dancingbananna:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I've got a 80S LTW Comm XSE and like it a lot. Wish it didn't have the FCS, (like the smooth sides better) and don't really care for the 80S either, but I can live with it for now.

Yea, the pre 80 would be nice. Tracy

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I think you're right Doc. :wink:

I would also love to see Colt produce a LW Government Model.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think a lw government is a great idea. I wouldn't even mind them making a 1991 lw commander, as the only choice now is the xse. I like the XSE a lot, but it would be nice as tracy mentions to have one without the fcs, kind of a building platform.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one of the XSE guns, it was nice, it just wasn't what I really wanted. I might be one of the few that don't like the way Colt undercut the trigger guard, I prefer vertical serrations and don't care for front serrations. I don't mind the Novak style sight, I'd take them if they brought this gun out with them (I'd have real Novaks with the wide notch rear & front tritium installed anyway). Single side safety (sorry lefties) & standard recoil plug while I'm at it. I think these would sell. At least in my crowd they would, haha.

Let's start a campaign!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hehe, I'm just the oposite. I like enhanced versions with undercut trigger guards and forward leaning serrations. I don't care for the fcs though, would rather have them without. I can live with them either way though. I wish they made the xse's without the fcs. The main thing I hate are gi rear sights, I like the novak type sights much better. Putting the yobo retro or clark combat sights in make it loads better than the stock ones.

I guess it's still up to us to make it how WE like it on the items where that's possible. The xse's are really worth the 100.00 more, just the site cuts are pretty much worth that. If I buy new it will be xse. If I get used it will probably be a basic type as those can be found for quite a bit more than 100.00 cheaper than a used xse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep they do. I have talked to a few at the factory......it may be coming.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep they do. I have talked to a few at the factory......it may be coming.
To paraphrase one of the top sayings of '07: "Don't tease (taze) me bro!"

That would be very cool. Please keep us posted on how this progresses. I think it would be a very smart move on Colt's part (but what do I know?). I've looked at lots of the used ones selling on the 'net and I'm left less than thrilled with what's available.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Can't see it if you are not a member.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Heres a pic of what od linked to

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Beat me to it Bud.

$599.00 + $25. I believe he would let it go for 5 and a half.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i wouldn't mind that but not in the great scheme of things right now

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I know what you mean Bud, I'd jump on it if it weren't the Baer coming.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I know what you mean Bud, I'd jump on it if it weren't the Baer coming.
Im in the same boat 2 months at max i hope.. supposed to be closer to beginning of feb

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Wish I had the bucks.

Man, what can I pawn?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nothing makes me more crazy than pondering why Colt's has done what they've done over the years. One good thing that's come out of all the blunders is that we now have a plethora of other choices. If Colt's hadn't been determined to screw up with such perfect consistency, we'd only have series 70 Colts in our safes. How wonderfully boring would that be?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ping :crazy: I reckon there goes the neighborhood. I do feel privileged to be in your signature line? :biggrin:
Did you ever got that 200gr clean load squared away?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ping :crazy: I reckon there goes the neighborhood. I do feel privileged to be in your signature line? :biggrin:
Did you ever got that 200gr clean load squared away?
I think so, Brother. I wont hijack this thread with it, but PM, call, or otherwise harrang you with my findings.

Work for you?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts