1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i am as excited as Michael Jackson at Chuck-E-Cheeses. The venerable Bob Serva and friends informed me that my gun was test-fired today and they sent me some pics. Thought I would share a few with you nice folk:

Keep up the good work Bob and Dale! You guys are the coolest people on earth!--Andy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I've finally decided, after I get my AR, I'm not going to put any more $$$ in getting my LTW Comm bobbed, de-horned, and nites put on. I'm getting a bobbed Fusion w/ XS big dot sights. Tracy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey Ellis, when did you place your order? Is this wait torture or what?
While it feels like I ordered it in May of 1983, it has only been since mid-March. But yes, the wait is tough. I have found myself making fewer trips to the range lately as I am not as thrilled by the current offerings of my gun safe. They have all been downgraded by a gun I don't even have yet.

I think a wait time of a year would be more tolerable than 3 months because you would KNOW that you had a long wait ahead of you. Fusion's wait time is so "right around the corner" that you never get a chance to shelve your enthusiasm. Its like short drives taking forever because you never prepare yourself mentally for the pains of lengthy travel.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Andy,

Has the Dalai Lama given you any insights regarding this new, very hansom, pistolla? Or is complete consciousness at the end the only clarity you are referring to in your quote?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy,

Has the Dalai Lama given you any insights regarding this new, very hansom, pistolla? Or is complete consciousness at the end the only clarity you are referring to in your quote?
Nope, just complete consciousness on my deathbed. But I did notice that the Lama was packing a Fusion bobtailed commander underneath his flowing robes. Gunga-Galunga.--Andy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob and Dale,

All I can say is that you guys are outstanding. Thank you so much for taking time out to post pics. While I jokingly gripe about the wait time, the truth is, it is a blast to get to be a part of the build experience. I would never dream of trading these few months of eager anticipation for the short-lived, instant gratification of an off the shelf purchase.

I can tell y'all have successfully merged your passion with your profession. It certainly shows through to your customers and will ultimately ensure Fusion's success as a company with few equals.

Thanks again for making this fun. I eagerly await my next update!--Andy

·
Registered
747 Posts
EllisU,
That is a nice looking piece. Please let us know how it shoots once you get it. I will probably be putting in my order within a week or two for a custom Fusion build. I look forward to reading a range report.

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Notwithstanding all dis dismal pistol talk dis evenin I done cooked up a chicken and addoiulle etouffe dat would make yo want slap yo mamma. Still may se ya'll soon in da naw lens even if yo in da panhandle very near the home of da party... Mobile, AL. Hope I has a pistol dat shoots when I gets there but den da revolvers does always go bang when yo needs 'em.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Notwithstanding all dis dismal pistol talk dis evenin I done cooked up a chicken and addoiulle etouffe dat would make yo want slap yo mamma. Still may se ya'll soon in da naw lens even if yo in da panhandle very near the home of da party... Mobile, AL. Hope I has a pistol dat shoots when I gets there but den da revolvers does always go bang when yo needs 'em.
What's most troubling is that this post is completely discernible to me. And that etouffee sounds mighty nice! I put tobasco on my frosted flakes!

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
Andy, I didn't think everyone would get that but I knew you would. The etouffee did turn out real good. I like Franks RedHot on my Cheerios:)

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Frank,

Damn, I wish I had known you were there, I was in Saraland mon & tue with work.. Had to unload some "dirty water" at Aaron Oil Co. 1253 miles round trip. Saw a dead 'gator' floating belly-up in the Delta canal going across the big bridge on I-65. Had my "protection" with me in the truck too. Tracy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Needless to say, I am shickled titless! She is on her way! I have black VZs coming with her, which I suspect I may like better. I'll post more pictures, with the other grips as well, as soon as I can. GIDDY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.