1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife's carry gun is an EMP. Hers has been flawless. She is just as accurate out to 15 yards as with her full size 1911, and she is a pretty good shooter. At 25 yards she is a bit better with the full size.

IMO the EMP is an excellent choice for a carry gun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one of the early ones and loved it but had a million problems and got rid of it. I'm trying to convence myself that SA has worked the bugs out of the newer ones and it's time to try again. All opinions welcome. Dennis

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had one since April 07 and have had 0 issues with it. Shot about 2000 rounds through it. It is accurate and a lot of fun to shoot and the 9mm ammo is less expensive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had mine since last October. It has been flawless. Has about 800 to 1000 rounds through it. It was all I could do to keep from buying a used one at the gunshow last Sat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Had a chance to shoot it again this morning. 100% reliable again with good accuracy at 15 yards. My only issue is that the trigger as it came from the factory is too heavy for my taste. Dennis

PS It's Saturday now. Shot it again today and it was again flawless. I've now got 350 FMJ and a handful of Speer Gold dots through it. Another couple of hundred and it will be ready to CCW! I continue to be amazed by its accuracy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have experienced that the EMP runs best when wet. I used grease as a lapping compound when I first got the gun. I experienced my first FTF on the 600ish consecutive round on the first day. The feed ramp was filthy. Since then, I have not shot more than 600 in the same day, and I have not had another FTF. Keep it clean and wet. I have a 4lb trigger job and it's just right for a CCW gun. I take it everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.