1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the idea for this thread is to show any piece of beautiful wood that you may have or run across on the internet. We might even find a type of wood that people might not normally think of for 1911 grips.

Gummy Red Mallee vase

Thuya Burl guitar

Bethlehem Olive Wood candle sticks

Olive Wood Burl knife handle

Cinnimon Burl money clip

Buckeye Burl guitar

Tiger Stripe Maple knife handle

HUGE slab of Amobyna Burl

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some guns I use to own (back when I had more money)...

Madagascar Ebony on a CZ-75 Kadet

Satinwood on a CZ-75 25th Anniversar Model

Satinwood on a vintage CZ-52

Bolivian Rosewood on a hard chromed CZ-97

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, isn't it? I was gloss nickel with engraving and gold accessories. The two mags were stainless but only 10-rounders (the 25th anniversary was during the days of the Clinton gun ban). The other two mags are the full 15 roundrs I had duracoated gold. The orginal grips (which I kept in the safe) were a very dull, bland light colored wood, with a silver emblem with a "25" on it. The satin wood matched it much, much better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is what the origionals were like. My particular set was much lighter than these grips, with no figuring at all.

BTW, it was a hell of a shooter... they took the best shooters off the production line before engraving and plating them for this limited edition (1,000 made world-wide).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.