1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dornaus and Dixon inroduced it in the "Bren Ten" in 1983. Colt followed with the Delta Elite in 1986. There are five companies building auto pistols for the 10mm automatic cartridge. Not bad for a handgun cartridge pronounced as "dead and buried" fifteen years ago!:crazy::whistle::crap:

Scott

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
My round of choice. Thank all who did not let it die. Now where can I get a Bren Ten for about $200. :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
As close as it came to being Stillborn it has done well kind of like the 41 Magnum

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Great cartridge!!! I have a Delta Elite, S&W 1076 and a Witness all in 10MM. By the way I am thinking of selling the S&W 1076 and the Witness.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great cartridge!!! I have a Delta Elite, S&W 1076 and a Witness all in 10MM. By the way I am thinking of selling the S&W 1076 and the Witness.
I also have a Delta and I did have a S&W 610, sold it, not one of my shining moments.

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Dornaus and Dixon inroduced it in the "Bren Ten" in 1983. Colt followed with the Delta Elite in 1986. There are five companies building auto pistols for the 10mm automatic cartridge. Not bad for a handgun cartridge pronounced as "dead and buried" fifteen years ago!:crazy::whistle::crap:

Scott
Here I go being contradictory without having all the facts but there has to be more than five companies offering 10mm in an Auto pistol, I'll go with five production companies for sure.

Dan Wesson
Kimber
Wilson
STI
EAA

Well, there fades my ability to make a valid point. I was on a role and drew a blank very quickly. I suppose you could exclude Wilson and consider them a Custom but who else would you put in there? Not trying to hijack your Silver anniversary thread, just trying to contribute.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Does STi make a 10mm any more?

Glock makes a 10mm

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Doh! I forgot the Glock 20 & its' compact little Bro' whatever they call that one.

Well I thought STI still cranked out 10's but if not my count is still stuck at five which only serves to reinforce what Gunfan stated. I thought there would be more, maybe I am just so used to reading about 10's that I have created an illusion.

The sad thing about 10mm is that it is referred to as a Reloaders Caliber and that in itself will make it less apt to be discovered by the masses, which makes it less appealing to retailers both of ammo and guns. It is hard for it to break into widespread popularity when it isn't readily available, not to mention considerably more expensive than altternative calibers when encountered in stock. Not that all those calibers are qualified to be considered alternatives... Whew, almost stepped in it right there.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Thanks for the link docjohnson!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What, and just keep the 1911 style? Good choice!

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
And the .45ACP is almost a hundred years old!!!!

·
1911auto Supporters
135 Posts
The 45ACP isn't in the same league as the 10mm Auto. They may be occasionally launched from the same platform the ballistic superiority of the 10mm is without question. From bad guys to bears the 10mm Auto out performs the beloved 45ACP in every way. Most versitile defense round ever conceived in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Plus 1 on that Frank. I trust it with my life, Mirando

·
Registered
1 Posts
G20's little brother is the G29. Just picked one up for CCW carry. Just also picked up a reloading rig to make some of my own loads. One day hope to have a custom 10mm longslide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
10mm

Well i will help keep it alive also i just bought a glock 20, and if i like it as much as everyone else a 10mm in a 19ll will be next on my list.

mi-fordson

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts