1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an RIA Tactical today. It seems to be an exceptional pistol for the money.
So, please tell me about your experience with your Rock Islands.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sorry, I have no experience, but the RIA tactical would be amongst my top choices for an inexpensive 1911. I recommended one to a friend yesterday. I will probably buy one someday based on all of the favorable reviews.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
CA357, congrats on your new RIA Tactical!!! I have a few RIA/Armscor pistols and they all have been great!!! I personally have not had any problems at all with any of mine. They go bang every time I pull the trigger and hit to my point of aim.
Here are a few of mine!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's quite a nice collection. Thanks for the pic and the info.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I say just read through the RIA threads in this forum, I have the very gun you have ordered and have thousands of rounds down range (mostly tactical training, and some but very little range time) you will be very happy with it.

Mine required no "break in" and has never faltered, and is deadly accurate.

Enjoy...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you 1shot and everyone else for your replies..

I had a SA Mil Spec that I sent through Springfield Custom and Novak's for some work and it was an outstanding pistol. I sold it because I bought a Les Baer TRS and a Dan Wesson CBOB. I've since sold the Baer and now just have the CBOB. So I wanted a basic 1911, but with a few embellishments. The RIA Tactical gives me all that I need/want in a 1911. So hopefully it'll be a good shooter.

I've learned what I really like in a 1911 and what is superficial to me. This RIA should fit the bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.