1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With his signature, President Bush makes the $168 billion economic stimulus bill official. The package may not prevent a recession, but analysts generally believe it could help suppress an economic crisis.

How Much Will You Get?

* -Singles earning $3,000-$75,000: $300-$600; partial rebates for singles earning up to $87,000

* -Couples earning less than $150,000: $1,200; partial rebates for couples earning up to $174,000

* -Parents will receive an additional $300 per child

Being a single guy who has no kids, gets bent over by the govt again! I get no money back, boo hoo... Plus I get to pay taxes this year.....Oh how fun!

Those that are getting a rebate, pay off debt, invest it or put it into savings...Dont spend it!

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Will I have to pay taxes on that tax rebate?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
No these are technically not rebates, they are being called economy stimulus checks, and are not taxable.

Synergy by what you are saying, you make WAY more than us FireMedics in the south.

I Don't even come close to the 75,000 and my wife don't work, and I got 3 kids.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No these are technically not rebates, they are being called economy stimulus checks, and are not taxable.

Synergy by what you are saying, you make WAY more than us FireMedics in the south.

I Don't even come close to the 75,000 and my wife don't work, and I got 3 kids.
LAFD base salary is $48,609 to $67,275 add 21% for education and paramedic bonus. Our last 3 raises didn't even cover the federal Cost of Living increase. We also have the ability to work as much OT as we want. I had about 40 overtime shifts last year. Sometimes I was at work for 5-8 days straight. I did quite a few 120 hr shifts. We are not the highest paid dept in California, that honor goes to Oakland.

A 1000 sq ft house built in the 50's in Watts, the worst neighborhood in LA goes for around 400k. 2 bed/2.5 bath town homes in my neighborhood are selling in the 6-700k range. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Holy Smokes, then I'm above average then. I am a Field Training Officer, and our base is 33,000 for a newbie medic, and I am top of the scale for FTO's and I make about 48. We just built a 2100 square foot Ranch and it costed 138,000. I also gotta mention that my nearest neighbor is my mother at about 200 feet to the side, then my next is a half mile away, on my 4 acre spread.

I do love the country.

I expect your work out there in LA County is much busier than my 15 calls per 24 hour shift.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I got to pay to so ill get nothing im sure

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
A 1000 sq ft house built in the 50's in Watts, the worst neighborhood in LA goes for around 400k. 2 bed/2.5 bath town homes in my neighborhood are selling in the 6-700k range. Go figure.
Holy cow...thats outrageous...

I got 128 acres of land and a 2000 sq. ft. house (double wide :biggrin:) for $163k...then later bought another 100 acres next to it for $114k...but its mostly mountain land, but the river runs through it with about 90 acres being nice flat farm land. Makes me feel lucky...

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOW, I think its a new Kimber:dancingbananna:, lets see I have a wife and 2 kids so thats 1800.00 maybe 2 guns .:dancingbananna::dancingbananna:

TD

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I got to pay to so ill get nothing im sure
Yep you will Bud. Anyone that files a tax return that makes less than 75,000 or 150,000 togethor with your spouse gets 600 or 1200 for the both of you. Unless you make more than 75,000 you'll get some.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Wow that will be mighty nice .. 120 to pay but i get soem back i guess ill take it i sure dont make 75k.. Whats the supposed time when we will get this i never pay attn to this stuff normaly

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Mine will go to my won debt relief. I guess I spent it long ago.:hairpull::hairpull:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Forgot to add mines going to gun fund

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Last I heard was sometime about late May or June

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I heard on the radio today they will go out in may, but you never know.

Hmmm, does the ball and chain really have to know?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine is going towards paying on debt.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
So I'll be getting $1500.

This whole economic stimulus hoodoo seems to me like putting a band-aid on the bleeding stump where your hand used to be. I'm pretty sure they know that though. And it's hardly fair to give a mostly blanket amount to almost everyone. Oh,but if you made too much you don't get jack s***...because you can afford it.

Now I realize why they're doing this. I know it's almost an emergency maneuver. This money is supposed to go back into circulation,and it will in one way or another. I just don't like the government giving away money,even when I'm on the receiving end.

Bread and circuses...

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
By the way,I'm going to use my check to buy an EBR and a case of ammo and send pictures of it to my Senators and Congressmen with a "thank you" card.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am very fortunate to not have any debt other than my home. Might use part of the funds $500 to $600 to pick up the AR-15 or M1 I have been wanting and send the balance to my mortgage company as an extra payment on priciple.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
No debt, so I'll let Mrs. Primersinmyshoe pick a vacation destination!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well, having had a good idea that this stimulus package would be approved and signed by the pres....I already spent mine on the RIA 1911 in 38 Super that I posted about last weekend.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.