1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first PT1911 shot flawlessly right out of the box. Now I've got a second PT1911 and this one has some issues. The plunger spring was laying sideways, thereby preventing the pistol from returning to battery. My friend fixed that. This Taurus doesn't like mil-spec mags either - but it rejects Wilson Combat, Novak and McCormick. Regardless of the ammo, it prints extremely low at 10 yards (about a foot!). I thought the low shots were my fault until my friend (IDPA Master) shot it and he too shot about 12" low at 10 yards. He even tilted the barrel upwards to make sure it's not a "familiarization issue with Straight Eight sights" matter. It's not. We were using factory 230 FMJ, 185 JHP and 200 lead RN reloads (Oregon Trail Laser-Cast). We both repeated the drill using his Para and my Rock Island without any problems. Any suggestions for cause or cure for this Taurus? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, actually. I sold the Taurus to someone who has the time to work on it. I think it's got a cracked bushing or something that's causing 10" drop (with various ammo and various shooters) at 7 yards! I bought a 4" Rock Island. It's at my friend's getting a new beaver tail, hammer, extended trigger, extended thumb safety and night sights. Pics will be in the Rock Island section after our move (south to Albuquerque in the next two weeks).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, actually. I sold the Taurus to someone who has the time to work on it. I think it's got a cracked bushing or something that's causing 10" drop (with various ammo and various shooters) at 7 yards! I bought a 4" Rock Island. It's at my friend's getting a new beaver tail, hammer, extended trigger, extended thumb safety and night sights. Pics will be in the Rock Island section after our move (south to Albuquerque in the next two weeks).
wow 10" in 7 :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, but I was mistaken. It was actually 10 yards, not 7. The extra 3 yards really doesn't make a difference for the problem. The guy who bought my Taurus said he'd fix it if it became a problem. He wants it primarily for a "truck gun." I encouraged him to get it fixed ASAP as he cannot pre-judge the distance of the BG.

The PT1911 did very well for the first 1,500 rounds. Then the problems started. I might have had a problem child or it might have happened on my watch. Either way, I had to sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.